• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tomi Perl

Tomi Perl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:33 AM

Hi. Does anyone know if it is possible in Softplan 2016 to set defaults for the following:

1) Area of rooms to be calculated to interior edge of walls

2) Turning off shaded polygons in visibility--for rod and shelf.

3) Turning off lights being generated in 3d in room mode. 

4) Changing "design size" to "square feet" in room mode.

Also would like to show bulkheads on floor plan.  

And would like to have a stamp under my First Floor Plan label that automatically links to the calculated square feet of the gross floor area 

and have not been able to figure it out.  If I save the stamp as part of a speed note it does not work.  Do you need to basically save the stamp

as a separate speed note and insert it separately?  Will the stamp even work is saved as a speednote? Thanks.

#2 Matthew Schauman

Matthew Schauman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

Mike

I can answer the rod and shelf shading. See attached pic. Uncheck the "Show Polygon Shading"

Attached Thumbnails

• Polygon.JPG

Martin Wrobel

Freeland, MI

Surface Pro 3

Softplan Version 2016

Visual Cadd 

Strucalc 9.0

Sketchup Pro 2015

#3 Tomi Perl

Tomi Perl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

Cool. Thank you Martin

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:18 PM

You can turn off the lights in room mode go to SYSTEM OPTIONS > SYSTEM LIBRARY > ROOMS > Click on any room and EDIT SYMBOL. This will bring up the FULL Room Design table. If you click on the TITLE on the Light Column it will highlight all the light boxes, you can change them all at one go. If you click on any box and then ESC, it will clear ALL the default light fixtures.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Tomi Perl

Tomi Perl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:23 PM

Found it. Thanks Keith.

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:28 PM

And would like to have a stamp under my First Floor Plan label that automatically links to the calculated square feet of the gross floor area 

and have not been able to figure it out.  If I save the stamp as part of a speed note it does not work.  Do you need to basically save the stamp

as a separate speed note and insert it separately?  Will the stamp even work is saved as a speednote? Thanks.

Stamps will only SHOW the correct item in the Planset. You cannot add the stamp as part of anything. It has to be a standalone item.

There is already a SPEEDNOTE library called INFORMATION STAMPS. You can insert them from there.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

Also would like to show bulkheads on floor plan.  

Under SYSTEM OPTIONS > MODE VISIBILITIES > DRAWING > INTERIORS, check the BULKHEAD box

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015.11.23_13h30m41s_001.png

Keith

#8 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

Your area can be part of a speed note but has to be made up of separate notes. In the example, I have a speed note for BASEMENT PLAN. "BASEMENT PLAN", "Finished area =" and "@area1" are 3 separate notes saved as one in speed notes.

Make sure that if you use the information stamp "@area1", that you explode it before creating your speed note.

Attached Thumbnails

• Area stamps.JPG

• Mike Hersker likes this

#9 Mike Hersker

Mike Hersker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationNew Albany, Indiana

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

Your area can be part of a speed note but has to be made up of separate notes. In the example, I have a speed note for BASEMENT PLAN. "BASEMENT PLAN", "Finished area =" and "@area1" are 3 separate notes saved as one in speed notes.

Make sure that if you use the information stamp "@area1", that you explode it before creating your speed note.

This is what I do.

And even change the color of the indivdual notes or parts .. so that I remember to explode them so they work.

If ifs not a colorful title it wont work.

#10 Brian Berzinskis

Brian Berzinskis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:19 PM

I actually found that you can also use it in tables if that helps for spacing things out.

Capture STAMPS.PNG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users