3 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 10:16 AM

Just wondering, think I'm probably doing something wrong, but seems cover floor doesn't work well for me in 2 and 3 story building. Doesn't light up to use. Not sure of the situation that keeps that from being available. maybe the floor system edge isn't right

But I have found the 3d i can adjust the bottom of the wall down, on the rendering.  When the wall covering is adjusted down I assume it is just taking the outside wall material down, like stucco, sorta doing like "cover Floor"      Works, probably changes on cleanup, maybe not. This drawing has been thru 2020, Beta, and still alive in 2022 and changing in 2022

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 May 2021 - 02:21 PM

COVER FLOOR depends on the floor and the wall. What is the wall construction?

No adjusting the bottom of the wall down doesn't just take the outside wall materIal down. It changes the height of the entire wall.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 05:36 PM

I usually find that when I have a wall not covering the floor that its a problem with the floor system itself.  Going into floor mode and hitting cleanup, then back to the wall and unchecking then checking cover floor usually solves the problem

#4 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 09:41 PM

I am finding, and I'm not sure if it is new with 2022, or I just tried it now, that you can adjust the ext. wall in 3d mode and drag it down over the floor system. when I go back and edit the wall, it doesn';t change the wall height nor the offset.

So I'm assuming it is just pulling the exterior material down over the floor system or further.

But if I adjust the wall down (from top) in 3d mode, it does change the wall height.

I like this really, cause when the cover floor doesn't work, I don't have to spend time workin it, I just adjust the exterior material down and fix the 3d in 3d mode to look good. Doesn't seem to change with cleanup.

I have stucco walls on this project, I assume it would work with other exterior materials.

I think it is a gift of the change to be able to edit the top or bottom of the wall. Because these measurements in "bottom of wall" edit drop down changes with Rake

But thought I would bring it up, cause I wasn't expecting it to do that, but my mind said adjust the wall down, and bam, it did it.

Not sure what's happening, but I like it.

I believe it holds true for elevations also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users