Matt Orner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationFargo, ND

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:20 PM

Hello everyone,

I was on the forum a couple weeks ago and needed some help setting up my cover page. Page is turning out good be what I would like to do, and not sure if it's possible is to have the foundation, main, upper, garage, and covered porch areas automatically update on the cover page. I'll try and attach the page and example of what I'm trying to do. 

Attached Files

#2 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

You may be relegated to using the "Area Schedule" (I don't think the layout is customizable)

That being said, .. the schedule can be placed on your title page

If you add the areas using those 'in Model', .. any changes to those areas will be updated in the schedule

See attached drawings, ..

It may not be the answer you're looking for but it'll give you a direction of thought at the very least.

I'm not sure if the @text(s) can be linked , .. maybe someone else has figured a way ..

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

As far as I'm aware, you can use @area1, @area2 ... etc. If you are careful with your area's you should be able to use the individual areas, and then add a single overall area (say area 10) in multiple polygons that covers all of them to give a total. That way you can have individuals and totals being automatic - although @area may automatically be a total, the multiple polygons may be better as you can then have area's that aren't included in the total.

I may have to do a little investigation ...

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:08 AM

Okay @area on it's own doesn't do anything AND using @area1, @ area2 etc. ONLY reports 0.0 sq. ft. in the title block. Maybe it's because I have my area's named. Can anyone get the @area stamp to function in the title panels?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#5 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:46 AM

I just tried adding @area(#) to a the drawing that contains that area and it returns the correct value. But it does return a value of 0.0 if you make it resident on another drawing. One option is to tuck the @area(#) stamp somewhere on the actual drawing and add it to your cover sheet as a cropped drawing. That should accomplish what you are trying to do if the area schedule doesn't satisfy the look you are going after. It will be a bit of a pain setting is up for each set of drawings though.

By the way, it does not use the names you assigned to the areas, just the default @area(#).

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#6 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:56 AM

Just a reminder about a post I made about a month or so ago. If the only thing you do after opening a drawing is "regenerate" a schedule make sure you save the drawing separately. If you use "save all", Softplan does not recognize that the page has been changed if all you did was regenerate a schedule and your updated schedule information will not be saved. I reported this to Softplan and hopefully there will be a fix at some point.

And you would think that anytime you made a change to an area, window, cabinet, etc. the appropriate schedule would be updated automatically. But this is not the case and I have to keep reminding myself to update all the schedules after a plan edit.

www.cresco.ca

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:00 AM

I just tried adding @area(#) to a the drawing that contains that area and it returns the correct value. But it does return a value of 0.0 if you make it resident on another sheet. One option is to tuck the @area(#) stamp somewhere on the actual drawing and add it to your cover sheet as a cropped drawing. That should accomplish what you are trying to do if the area schedule doesn't satisfy the look you are going after. It will be a bit of a pain setting is up for each set of drawings though.

By the way, it does not use the names you assigned to the areas, just the default @area(#).

I thought that it only used the default otherwise the stamp would be very awkward to define. If you can't use it on the Title Block, then as far as I'm concerned it's almost useless. I'll stick to my method of writing it where I need it ... Typically, I write the area I want to see in the MODEL section of the PROJECT INFORMATION.

I was really trying to make it work on the title cover page as Matt asked, and although there is your workaround, it seems more trouble than it's worth.

Keith

#8 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

If you could select "areas found in the model" for the stamp then it would have worked. Might be worth a suggestion to the Softplan programmers.

www.cresco.ca

#9 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:50 PM

If you could select "areas found in the model" for the stamp then it would have worked ...

I honestly expected it to do just that!

Keith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users