#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:54 AM

Good Morning,

I have started a new project, and I am still learning my way.  I have created a simple as built front elevation drawing.  I would like to save it as a "Project Revision" under the save as command.  I believe this feature will be helpful in my design process so I am trying to figure it out.  The "Save Project Revision" option under the save as menu has a lock on it.  I am following the direction on the help menu, but it seems nothing is happening and I do not have a Revision folder in my project folder.  Is there somewhere I need to turn on this feature, or maybe I need to be farther into the design process?

T.I.A.

Dave

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:04 AM

Once you have saved your project, the project revision feature should be active. Basically what it does is take a "SNAPSHOT" of the entire project and file it under the REVISION folder. The intent is that you can save EVERYTHING related to the project with just a single click. If, for example, the Customer decides to make changes, and then changes their mind and says "Sorry, I like the original better", you can revert to a COMPLETE earlier project with out trying to UNDO all the changes.

You will not be able to save just the as built FRONT ELEVATION, it saves the ENTIRE project.

The REVISION folder keeps all the schemes separately and sequentially. So under REVISION your first project revision will be saved as REVISION/PROJECT 1 and the next will be REVISION/PROJECT 2 etc.

Try saving the project (not PROJECT REVISION), just save everything and exit the project. Next time you start to work on that project the SAVE AS PROJECT REVISION option should be available. If NOT, then you may be right, SOFTPLAN may have to have generated something specific for the work to class as a PROJECT, but it's not something I've come across before. I've never CONSCIOUSLY seen the PROJECT REVISION option LOCKED.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 07:55 AM

Thanks.  When I closed the project and went back into it it all worked fine.  I was expecting a dialog box to name the revision, but it created the folder and saved it all out as you explained.  Thanks for being there on a Saturday!

Dave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users