Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

Good Afternoon,

I think I'm doing something wrong...

I thought a view file would save the camera placement so I could quickly go back to a specific view to reprint after editing the rendering.  I have placed my render with a background picture of the street location where the building will go.  It takes me some time to align the render so it fits proportionately and the correct perspective.  I then save the view file with a name.  After editing on my machine, and by the architect who shares the file, when I load the view file it is not the view I saved.  Sometimes the recovery folder view file will work, other times not.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Dave

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

Once you've named a view, don't move the camera EVER, but EXIT from that view. and re-open a new default 3D model.

Every time the camera is adjusted in a specific view, it stays with the view file regardless of when you saved or adjusted - it's not a static camera position. So any time you make adjustments to the camera position in a view file, it affects all instances of that view file IMMEDIATELY ... or at least that's how it seems to me ... 

• Allen McDonnell likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

Yes, that is how I experience it too, like Keith says.  I usually have different view files saved and called differently.  I only create them when I am 100% happy and if I change I will create a new one.  then it is easy to open and close accordingly. 

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:33 PM

Kevin? Have I not made myself memorable enough yet?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#5 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

Keith-I'll give you one guess as to what the builder's name I am working on today? 

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#6 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

Thanks, Guys. I understand, but that seems pretty counter-intuitive. I can't think of any other situation where a save file revises without being saved.

Thanks again, Dave

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:35 AM

No I can't either ... Once enabled, it should save that EXACT camera position. If I want the camera moving, I'll overwrite the view file. It annoys me no end.

Keith

#8 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:20 AM

Yep, i agree with all that was said here.  From my own past history of loosing views that i have created, i try to load "previous view" as often as possible.  This view file appears to be a default file or something.  This is a great subject up for potential change in the next release....IMO

Attached Files

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#9 Brad Graber

Brad Graber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:23 AM

Let's say I create views named 1-5 that I want to keep.  I then create one extra one named 6 that I don't care if it gets messed up.  

#10 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:07 AM

I normally create 1 to 8 which are ALWAYS taken from approximately the same position.

Once saved, I close them all, and then open a default 3D Model view. Once the view is in the planset, I tweak it there if necessary, but NEVER again open the view in the model, because if I do, invariably at some point, I'll rotate it and screw everything up.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users