Andrew Mitchelmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 September 2023 - 08:15 AM

Hi

Whether I draw the site polygon first and then grade lines to contour the area or vice versa I cant seem to get the site polygon to follow the contour lines?

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 26 September 2023 - 12:03 PM

Are you using the site plan drawing that you created for what you are trying to do?

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 11 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 26 September 2023 - 12:25 PM

Not trying to be Captain Obvious, but do you have the site plan in the model stack?  I hate to mention it other than the fact that many times when I'm having a problem, the solution from the forum ends up being so simple that I just want to go somewhere and hide!  lol!

• David Zawadzki likes this

#4 Andrew Mitchelmore

Andrew Mitchelmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 September 2023 - 02:20 AM

The site plan is in  stack - the model just shows the surface as flat and not following the contour gradients.

I can get it to work with shot points but on a large area it doesn't seem to flow very well - ending up with spikes, up and down on the boundary - I had assumed that if use contour lines I would get a smother surface and be quicker to model than dozens of points

The issue is getting the polygon to recognise the contour levels - I have followed the book instructions - as you say its something really stupid I'm not doing? 

#5 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 27 September 2023 - 08:42 AM

For a quick solution, have support take a look at your site plan.
  • Brent Hyndman likes this

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 11 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users