7 replies to this topic

#1 Martin Wrobel

Martin Wrobel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:47 PM

I am trying to create 48" vanity cabinet. When you pick the layout for the front of the cabinet it scales the drawer/drawers to equal pieces. I would like to edit the drawers to be 12" wide/double doors 24" wide/12" wide drawings. When editing the scale is grayed out. I would like to fix the width. Any way of making this happen?

Attached Thumbnails

• Cabinet.JPG

Martin Wrobel

Superior Home Design

Michigan

Softplan 2024

9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 9900 (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)\

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)

64GB Dual Channel HyperX™ FURY DDR4 XMP at 2933MHz

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling and 850W Power Supply

#2 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

Draw as 3 separate cabinets at the size you want each to be.  They will join together automatically

#3 Matthew Schauman

Matthew Schauman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

Sam

I was hoping I could make it one unit. After a little experimentation last night I can to the realization that I is impossible to do. I will have to draw them separate and I will create a 2D symbol I can place in Elevations to show the cabinet correctly. 

Thank you

Martin Wrobel

Freeland, MI

Surface Pro 3

Softplan Version 2016

Visual Cadd 

Strucalc 9.0

Sketchup Pro 2015

#4 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:11 AM

assembled symbols as one symbol -

Look in "Interior Décor - Assembled Symbols" and you will see an "assembled 51" vanity" that is complete with cabinets, vanity top, lavatory, faucet, mirror, and light fixture.

Although I have not tried it, I believe you can create the cabinet assembly that you want and then save it as an assembled symbol to draw in all at one time.

Softplan created this assembled symbol, so I feel we have that same ability.

I am a creature of old habits and typically just draw in everything one by one....I need to look into this because it would be a huge time saver.

I think Softplan should have more assembled symbols as stock items, such as 30" vanity, 36" vanity, 48" vanity, etc......

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:33 AM

Yes, Tommy you're right, we do have that ability. You can put any number of symbols (and cabinets) together and create them as a symbol. Symbols within symbols is quite acceptable.

I found I was creating the same type of angled kitchen island on a few occasions, so I saved it as a symbol.

2015.11.11_10h31m37s_002.png  2015.11.11_10h32m51s_003.png

One of the others used regularly, was a standard bathroom ... That inserts as a single symbol

2015.11.11_10h35m06s_004.png  2015.11.11_10h35m39s_005.png

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

Great thinking Keith!!!   

#7 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

The only draw back in some cases is that it will need some cleaning if you want to explode them to be actual cabinets if you want your countertop to print and add or change sinks because if you put a sink on a vanity symbol, it will not cut thru the counter.

In the example, on the right hand side is a vanity symbol. On the left is the vanity symbol exploded to be actual cabinets. When you check countertop, in this case, the countertop appears on the base and top cabinet. Also, for some reason, the offset changes so that the vanity doesn't sit on the floor any more and you have to adjust the offset manually for each module (in this case 3 modules).

Still a good option to use in some cases but could be an option that could be improved. Now, the symbol was created in 2014 so I haven't tested it yet if it would be different if created in 2016.

Attached Thumbnails

• Vanities.JPG

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:35 PM

You're right Yvon, I have got into the habit of automatically exploding them when they are placed, because of the printing of the vanity sink - as you can see in the plan of the bathroom. However, I've never had issues with either the countertop of the heights.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users