• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Neil Watson

Neil Watson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 06:41 AM

Hello everyone, the last 2 days my softplan key has not been connecting to the internet even though the internet is working with zero problems. I've tried unplugging the key, restarting the computer and nothing has changed. The strange part is if I open softplan 2022, it works just fine... It's only the softplan 2024 that I seem to get this message......

"SoftPlan was unable to connect to the server. Certain internet enabled features will be unavailable. Please try starting again later. You may continue to work and your local projects will resynchronize once a connection to the server is reestablished.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 10 April 2024 - 09:16 AM

This sounds like a computer issue.  Have you tried rebooting your computer and your router yet?

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 11 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Mike Sweeter

Mike Sweeter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2024 - 08:10 AM

I am having the same issue!  Exact same!  v18 v20 v22 work just fine and connect......  but 2024 will not.

#4 S. Sin

S. Sin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 April 2024 - 10:13 AM

ingoing/outgoing connection could be blocked by your security software or windows firewall, perhaps. Try disabling windows firewall and see if that solves it

#5 Jon Churchill

Jon Churchill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationThe Oaks, Australia

Posted 11 April 2024 - 02:55 PM

Try this: Turn off your computer, disconnect plug from wall socket, go have a cuppa. On your return plug in and start up. It is an easy thing to try.

Windows sometimes has a winsock error. These are the network connections internally in Windows.

Jon

#6 Mike Sweeter

Mike Sweeter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:27 AM

Hello everyone, the last 2 days my softplan key has not been connecting to the internet even though the internet is working with zero problems. I've tried unplugging the key, restarting the computer and nothing has changed. The strange part is if I open softplan 2022, it works just fine... It's only the softplan 2024 that I seem to get this message......

"SoftPlan was unable to connect to the server. Certain internet enabled features will be unavailable. Please try starting again later. You may continue to work and your local projects will resynchronize once a connection to the server is reestablished.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Have you gained any ground on this?  I am having the same problem.

#7 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 15 April 2024 - 01:30 PM

I have been having an issue with the Home Page. My opening screen says it is displaying the Home Page but it is completely blank. I can browse to my projects using windows explorer and they open but no information on the Home Page.

Anyone else?

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#8 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 15 April 2024 - 03:07 PM

I am on Windows 10 and have not had issues recently. What operating systems are others using? Maybe it is some sort of new firewall thing?

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#9 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 16 April 2024 - 04:57 AM

Windows 11. I did not have this issue before upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 a few weeks ago.

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#10 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 17 April 2024 - 11:25 AM

I recently went to Windows 11 and have not had any issues running SoftPlan yet.

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 11 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users