#1 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 24 July 2024 - 03:32 PM

Can someone tell me the steps for importing the layers for a Sketch-up drawing when creating a symbol. When I linked the drawing to the symbol its all black. See attached screenshot.

Thanks 

Rick

Attached Thumbnails

• Wolf Textures.png

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 25 July 2024 - 08:09 AM

If you go to the textures button below the black 3D images and then click out it usually has all the textures shown. I always export as a 3DS when possible. The textures work decent, but I've found there is an issue with changing wood grain or patterned textures once in SP. I believe they know it's a problem, but have not fixed it.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 25 July 2024 - 09:38 AM

Thanks Mark, I figured it out I linked a symbol that was already in the symbol folder, that didn't work. I went back and used the wizard and that worked. Another thing that I figured out was that the front of the symbol that you create needs to be facing up if its facing down it will snap to the front of the symbol and you'll have to do a vertical reverse to make it right. The screenshot is a symbol that I created facing down the other is the same symbol facing up when created. I hope this makes since.

Attached Thumbnails

• Symbol created facing down.png
  • Symbol created facing up.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users