• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Mackey

Dan Mackey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 09:02 AM

I am a general contractor in Columbia, TN.  I have been a Softplan user for many years but with the 2024 version I have not kept up with the program and sort of feel lost even though I have taken a couple of online classes.  I had an architect years ago spend a couple of hours with me for which I gladly paid him.  That helped me so much to be able to navigate and be pretty proficient with the program.  I am in the same situation now and could use some help.  I would love it if I could be referred to an architect and Softplan user in my area that I could finish drawings to submit to the building department as well as get help to learn the program. I do have drawings started but could also use help with the design of the project. 

Thank you so much for any assistance! 

Dan 

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 14 August 2024 - 09:43 AM

Always helps if you can find someone who will let you look over their shoulder and discuss how they do things. Lots of ways to accomplish a finish model and plan set. It's all about how you want it to look and what the local builders and building departments want to see. Hopefully someone in your area can help out.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 August 2024 - 06:49 PM

I can help by doing videos of the drawing taking place.  Seems everyone from what I can tell, got past that learning curve fast once a few tips are shown, and etc.

otrhomes@gmail,com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users