#1 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 05 September 2024 - 08:42 AM

Well I've had this space mouse pro for a while now and can't seem to get the hang of it. With my regular mouse the model spins or rotates on a center axis. It seems the space mouse moves the camera around the outside instead of rotating the model. Am I missing something or is this just the way the space mouse works? Thanks!

#2 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 05 September 2024 - 09:25 AM

It has been a while since I have used mine, but if my memory serves me well, I am pretty sure you can change the mouse axis / rotation options in the software that come with the mouse.

#3 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 09:44 AM

I have really good luck with mine, use it all the time.

I ve attach a screen picture.

This is how mine is setup.

When you go to adjust the settings be sure it shows "Softplan " at the top left. If not your not adjusting the setting for Softplan but for what ever it says there

So you have to have Softplan open, and I can't remember but click on Softplan screen or something, can't remember but the "Softplan has to be up there in the left top.

The way I have the settings for me, The Camera is stationary and I'm moving the model around, seems most comfortable for me.

I believe if you uncheck all the reverse, it will make the model stationary and the camera moves about.

Hit softplan lightning bolt and it goes faster

Attached Files

• David Zawadzki likes this

#4 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 10:54 AM

So it appears there are "navigation modes" that are an advanced option for certain applications. I am assuming that Softplan doesn't support those options. No matter what I do the camera is moving around the model whereas I was attempting to spin the model like we can do with the middle button/wheel on the mouse. Thank you for your responses!

Attached Files

#5 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 02:15 PM

I see the "Softplan" emblem is not up in the lefthand top of the settings window. Maybe part of the problem.

Maybe that is an old settings program.   Maybe one of those navigation modes need to change.

Is that the Advanced setting windows.         I remember a time or 2 seeing that menu your showing, but then found the one I'm showing.

Maybe not having the Softplan emblem up there is not giving you the right window like mine.

Seems like if you have the 3d window open and the softplan open, and you click up at top of the softplan screen, it turns softplan on at the top left of the 3d setting, advanced setting?

#6 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 02:44 PM

I copied that out of the manual. The softplan emblem shows on my system but those navigation options are not shown on my menu. That's why I'm assuming that they are not supported by softplan.

#7 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 05 September 2024 - 03:41 PM

I think it is supported, not sure, You just got to figure out how to tweek it.

I'd call 3D Conn.

I called them once they were very responsive.      Wouldn't  think mine would work and yours wouldn't.      

#8 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 05 September 2024 - 07:16 PM

It works fine for 3D model manipulation once I set it up to work the way I wanted it to.

I just wish we could use the 3D mouse when working in 2D mode so we could move around the 2D drawing like you can in Chief.

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 11 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#9 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 September 2024 - 06:44 AM

Dennis, don't know if your still on this, But I do see that ,that application specific screen you put in post doesn't say Softplan up in the left top.

It is looking at the 3d connexion veiwer, which could be a problem.

I downloaded a new driver, and got my stuff messed up, and was having trouble finding the window that shows the screen to reverse the setting etc.

I left the first thing there at Reciever, and needed to select the "spacemouse wireless" to get the correct choices.

I feel like the directions they give you make you have to guess what to do.

This is a video link, how I got my 3d Connexion to work      https://www.screenca...om/t/YrXIA9qsh3

Attached File  3D Conn settings.jpg   73.15KB   0 downloads

#10 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 06:51 AM

Thanks Fred, I will check it out. FYI the screenshot I posted was not from my system. It was taken from the manual. I was trying to show that I didn't have those options to choose from on my system under softplan.

#11 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 06:26 PM

I sent this to someone else who was having problems, and he said that got him going

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users