Photo

Member Recognition - for amazing volunteer support (# of posts)

member recognition member thanks high post count

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 09 September 2024 - 10:14 AM

Softplan User Community,

Let's take a moment to thank a few long-time members for their contributions to the user's forum.
Members like these are what makes this forum so great!
Without members like these, volunteering their time to engage other uses with replies to their questions (volunteer support), this forum would not be nearly as valuable!

THANK YOU:

Keith Almond for your AMAZING amount of contributions to this forum!!!! 5,119 posts!!!! (probably 5,120 by now...lol)

Mark Petri for your amount of contributions as well!!! 1,583 posts!!! (sorry, can't say a close second...lol)

And of course, our own Brent Hyndman from Softplan! Thank you Brent and Softplan for being so involved with your users!!!

Softplan user post counts.jpg

• Tim Kenyon, Joseph Smith, Rick Kingsbury and 6 others like this

#2 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 09 September 2024 - 11:32 AM

Totally agree. Experienced assistance like what these guys give is critical for a lot of people. There are many others as well. Thanks to all and to you too Tommy for publicly acknowledging these individuals. 

• Tim Kenyon and Thomas Davis like this

#3 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 01:12 PM

Gary,
You are correct! These were just the top 3 users.
There are MANY OTHERS that contribute to this forum as well. It is not about the quantity of posts you have, but that you participate as you are able, especially helping new users to Softplan and this forum!

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 09 September 2024 - 01:31 PM

Tommy - you and many others have been a help to me! I have had the fortune to learn from some of the SP gurus over the years. A lot has changed with the program and industry too. Randy Cohn had over 30,000 posts on the old forum and is fondly remembered by many as a person who would step in and help with almost any request. He had a long list of people he talked to regularly. Before SP started their training videos, Tom Roman, Randy Cohn, Dean Eckman, Robert Wagner, Tim Stockton, and many others worked to help several of us learn at seminars they put together. So many have contributed to all our successes. The forum is one of the best ways to find solutions, learn techniques, and grow in understanding of SP. I am glad to have this resource and contribute when possible.

• Tim Kenyon, Thomas Davis, Joseph Smith and 2 others like this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#5 Todd Williard

Todd Williard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 September 2024 - 01:39 PM

Agreed to all above. Great group of people. Whatever happened to Robert Wagner? Haven't seen him on here in years. Also Amit doesn't come around anymore.

V11-V2024

#6 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 September 2024 - 02:00 PM

Tommy - you and many others have been a help to me! I have had the fortune to learn from some of the SP gurus over the years. A lot has changed with the program and industry too. Randy Cohn had over 30,000 posts on the old forum and is fondly remembered by many as a person who would step in and help with almost any request. He had a long list of people he talked to regularly. Before SP started their training videos, Tom Roman, Randy Cohn, Dean Eckman, Robert Wagner, Tim Stockton, and many others worked to help several of us learn at seminars they put together. So many have contributed to all our successes. The forum is one of the best ways to find solutions, learn techniques, and grow in understanding of SP. I am glad to have this resource and contribute when possible.

Yes, for us older forum users, Randy Cohn will go down in history!
Obviously when you start naming people, you will always leave some out. Bill Wimberley comes to mind! He has helped many people on this forum and created SP Tuts to offer additional help.
The users you mentioned were part of SPUG and SPLASH, the original user's groups before Softplan took this one over.

So many helpful people on here.

Tommy

• Mark Petri, Tim Kenyon and David Zawadzki like this

#7 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 September 2024 - 07:11 AM

Totally agree. Experienced assistance like what these guys give is critical for a lot of people. There are many others as well. thank all of you guys

Ron

• Thomas Davis likes this

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,124 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 September 2024 - 11:13 AM

Thank you all for your support ... I'm extremely busy at the moment, so don't really have much time to do a lot on the forum, but will be back to it. (now it's 5120 ...)

R.I.P. Randy!

• Mark Petri, Thomas Davis and David Zawadzki like this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users