3 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 09:38 AM

It seems whenever I create a new window type by combining a unit with a transom and then combining that with another unit, I loose the option for different types of window grills.  I am trying to do double or triple units with transoms the same size as the window below.  I want to combine all the units for a number of good reasons.  Once I do that, the I can not select different type of grills. I attached a pic of the triple units I am working on.  No problem with the door since these are separate units with a transom.  But the combined units to the left and right do not have any grill options except all or none.  Thanks! 

Attached Thumbnails

• Window Grills .png

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 16 September 2024 - 11:16 AM

Best to set up the grill options for each window before combining. Or, create the combined unit with the Library function for openings in either the System Level (my preference) or the Project or Drawing Levels. Then you can go in and edit each unit in the assembly.

• David Zawadzki likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,124 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 16 September 2024 - 11:26 AM

Edit individual components in the Drawing Library > Openings and add grilles in there.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 12:05 PM

Thanks!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users