1 reply to this topic

#1 Jason Bloomingdale

Jason Bloomingdale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 09:38 AM

Hi all,

I'm working on a house where there's a main floor and a garage. On the exterior, there's a brick wainscot at the bottom of the wall with a normal brick wainscot cap which we want to run consistently around the perimeter of the house. I've defined the garage walls to have 32.5" of brick followed by 3.5" of cap, and then 60" of Siding above. This all displays correctly in the 3D model. The "main" walls that have the floor system are set to cover the floor system, so I've defined the materials on that wall to subtract the depth of the floor system, then set the brick, air gap, and wainscot cap as Fixed so that when the bottom material is extended, the bottom of the brick lines up, and for all of the walls running perpendicular to the floor joists, the wainscot cap looks correct, but for all of the walls running parallel to the floor system, the wainscot cap is being stretched upwards by what appears to be the thickness of the floor system and I can't figure out what is happening. Has anybody else experienced this, or does anyone have a solution where I've done something incorrectly? Thanks!Attached File  Wainscot Problems.png   679.05KB   0 downloads

• RUSSELL LITTEN likes this

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 04 October 2024 - 10:03 AM

Try unchecking fixed on the brick and air gap. Then, set your transition to be where the top of the cap is. With those settings changed, the brick wainscot should stretch as needed to cover the floor system. You also might need to make sure your walls and edges of the floor system are correctly aligned. Sometimes a clean up is all that is needed.

• RUSSELL LITTEN and David Zawadzki like this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users