7 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 October 2024 - 04:42 AM

why when you copy a project and rename it you do not see unless you reboot the program or close it down to see it in opening an existing project maybe i am doing something wrong

thanks Ron 

#2 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 14 October 2024 - 08:11 AM

Instead of using Windows Explorer to copy and rename a project, try using File-->Save-->Copy Project to. Copy Project to will copy the entire project to the desired location, rename it, and assign a new internal project number so SoftPlan does not confuse the original and the new when using SoftPllan + Cloud.

Attached Files

• John Jones and David Zawadzki like this

#3 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 October 2024 - 10:44 AM

Bill i was saveing it save project revision thanks i will try that

Ron

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 October 2024 - 07:48 PM

Project Revision is DEFINITELY the wrong way to do it. That is for something entirely different.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 October 2024 - 05:45 AM

Keith it works but i have to reboot the program

#6 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 16 October 2024 - 01:07 PM

Hey Ron, Save Project Revision is meant to be used to save a backup of the project in its current state. You can use it any time you want to save a project at a point where you might want to recover it at a later time. File-->Recover-->Revision would be the inverse, allowing you to bring the project back to a former state as it was when you saved a revision.

File-->Save-->Copy Project to would be the correct method for making a copy of a project to be used as a new project.

• Keith Almond, David Zawadzki and Matthew Dunson like this

#7 Matthew Dunson

Matthew Dunson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 October 2024 - 01:21 PM

Hey Ron, Save Project Revision is meant to be used to save a backup of the project in its current state. You can use it any time you want to save a project at a point where you might want to recover it at a later time. File-->Recover-->Revision would be the inverse, allowing you to bring the project back to a former state as it was when you saved a revision.

File-->Save-->Copy Project to would be the correct method for making a copy of a project to be used as a new project.

Thank you for this clarification, I have known this feature existed but never really knew how to use it properly. This will come in handy with a lot of my projects with constant design iterations.

#8 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 October 2024 - 04:48 AM

Thanks Bill you where a big Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users