#1 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSouthaven, MS & Frederiksted, St. Croix USVI

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

On plans where I have a brick veneer exterior walls I dimension the overall plan, outside to outside.  Now I have one to do where I have to dimension to the outside of the stud.  The user guide says to change the exterior wall dimensions to "stud outside" , I did but that does not work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jack Carson

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:06 AM

It will only dimension to 2 locations. Example would be interior of stud wall and exterior of brick which would give you your original option. To dimension to the exterior of the stud, you have to select "Both" for your stud but uncheck the exterior of your brick. Unfortunately, in your wall definition, you can select multiple item to dimension or extension but only the 2 outer will show.

#3 PAUL LADNER

PAUL LADNER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:14 PM

In your wall definitions  you can check the dimension and extension boxes for the inside of the sheathing.  That will let you have extension lines from the outside of the stud.

#4 Jack Carson

Jack Carson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationSouthaven, MS & Frederiksted, St. Croix USVI

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:37 AM

Thanks  Paul,  I asked tech support and and they said the same thing as you.  That works. 

Jack

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:01 AM

Not sure why checking "BOTH" on the stud as Yvon said is any different - In fact that would be my preference rather than inside of sheathing, if you changed the wall and added rigid insulation inside the sheathing, you would still be dimensioning where you wanted without having to consciously make dimensioning changes.

• Yvon Gonthier likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users