#1 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationVilla Rica, Georgia

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:31 AM

I love the new plan sets and the way you can make templates for a particular set.  However I think I broke it somewhere and before I go and re-invent the world I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.  When I add a drawing to a plan set (for example floor plan drawing to floor plan sheet) and I try to use the label for the drawing, I get one of three outcomes.  First one is that it works correctly.  Second one is that the label comes out correct but when I click to add the scale it is very large text (reminds me of drawing in paper space with the evil empire).  The last way is that nothing shows up (and I have zoomed extent to verify).

All the sheets are in the same plan set and I get all three different versions depending on the sheet. 

Anyone every have this experience with plan sets?

"remember... what we are building today, should be what we want in the future"​
Version 10 to Version 2024+ and beyond
www.residentialproductions.com

#2 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

Tom,

When you edit something that is added to a PlanSet page, there are 2 tabs at the top of the edit dialog box. have you checked the "Label" tab? That's the one that controls the size of the text. Other than that not sure what would cause your problem.

Attached Thumbnails

• Planset text.JPG

#3 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:55 PM

Yes that was what I was doing.  I am wondering if it had something to do with using a template instead of creating a new plan set. 

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

I find the labelling so awkward, that I much prefer to turn it off completely, and label everything myself. Although to be honest, most of the time my Elevations are labelled with a white pen, and I've not figured out how to do that with auto-labels.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

That is what I am doing now Keith, just adding the labels from speed notes.  Though when it works it is a great feature for the plan sets

my Elevations are labelled with a white pen, and I've not figured out how to do that with auto-labels.

Have to ask what you mean bey white pen?  Maybe I call it differently but do you have an example? 

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:06 AM

This is typically what I give for elevations

2015.03.04_12h08m53s‎_0014.png

OR

2015.12.23_11h34m35s_002.png

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#7 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:43 AM

Tom,

I've used the Auto Labels successfully  in PlanSets for at least 2 dozen projects to date and each was done with a PlanSet Template. My suggestion would be to create a new (not from a template) typical PlanSet, add the drawings to each page and make sure your Auto Labels display correctly. Once you have this setup, save this down as your PlanSet template. I think from then on you shouldn't have a problem. If you still do, it might be time to turn it over to support. I think the Auto Labels are a great feature and are worth pursuing.

#8 Tom Rogers

Tom Rogers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:24 PM

I will go that route Phillip.  Thanks.  Just was checking to see if anyone had a "oh its because you did this" moment.

@Keith-pretty cool elevations.  I bet the customer has a lot of feedback when it comes to color.  Seems like you would go through a lot of color ink and I am not sure about up in Canada but a lot of places here don't do large format color unless it like a poster. 

#9 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:35 PM

Those particular colors were chosen by the customers, so yes. The bottom one was done in both RICHMOND RED and ANNAPOLIS BLUE as the Customer couldn't decide, but in the end she decided to go with the blue.

Everything we do is in colour ... Most of our work we try to do on 11" x 17" - We have a Ricoh MPC2000 colour laser photocopier/printer/scanner/document server/fax. We also have a HP Designjet plotter that does all our large format work, so we don't worry too much if it won't go on 11" x 17" as the Designjet has a 150' roll, and will do 42" x 150' if necessary. The Designjet uses 4 - $60 cartridges so it's expensive on ink, but lasts far far longer than your average inkjet printer.

Keith

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: labels, tags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users