• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 John Abernathy

John Abernathy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:08 PM

I'm looking to try and learn how to make the 3D images look a little more professional. In the past, I'd read a lot about maybe "paint shop pro", I may have that exact name all wrong, (was unable to search the old site). Any way I'd like to have some 3D versions, that almost looked like they'd been painted with water colors. From what I can make happen with my 3D models, the water color version, is  nothing but a blurred version of "Textured" mode. Maybe I need to tweak some of the rendering options, don't know.

Is there a particular program out there that works well with Softplan to enhance the 3D  that any would suggest?

(I've been a SP user for quite some time, just haven't spent too much time in the 3D department).

Thanks.

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

There are a number of programs that can help you get a painted watercolour look. However, personally I'd try and tweak the 3d settings on the watercolour in Softplan, before you try and do it with an outside program.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

In 3D mode .. Go to Mode Options .. Watercolour, .. at the very least change your Brush (under Effects) to a '1' and turn off 'Wobble'

.. from there you can try out various 'Anti-Alias' to suit your taste and other stuff,

.. remember to save the final result you like, .. so you can use it again, .. that's under 'File' .. 'Render Options, .. Save as ..

Doug

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#4 Steve Haarmann

Steve Haarmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:12 PM

If your primary goal is to achieve a watercolor effect then I would download FotoSketcher.

There are numerous options for effect using the slider buttons to increase or decrease the effects.

Best of all it is FREE

#5 John Abernathy

John Abernathy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:15 PM

Thanks to all, that "wobble" is a little too wobblie. Will also look into FotoSketcher.

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:43 PM

Agreed ... The wobble effect is awful. As Doug said above, and my own personal preference ... "Turn it off". If you could post a picture of what you would like to see, perhaps someone could make some suggestions as to the settings to use to come close to it.

The watercolour mode we use as a default is a 1000 miles removed from the settings "out of the box".

Although I have to say that for a FREE download, FOTOSKETCHER looks impressive. I'm just resistant to using another program to get the look. If you can make Softplan work, you can rotate the model as a watercolour, until you have the perfect look. With none of the annoying trial and error.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#7 John Abernathy

John Abernathy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:25 AM

Is it appropriate to post a picture from the old Splash site?

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

Either that, or post a link to it.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users