22 replies to this topic

#21 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:44 PM

I think I am starting to see the light.  So the proper process should be to set my pitch (to the lowest pitch in the project) AND calculate and set the top to fascia before I draw any roofs.  Then if the pitch increases on a new roof section the heel will increase and top of fascia will be constant?  Is there a way to tell Softplan to keep the bearing and automatically adjust top of fascia when you first set up to an new pitch?

Thank you all, very much!

#22 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:45 PM

... As you can see in my screenshot ...

Actually, I really can't ... I can't read any of your screenshots. I can only guess what they say.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#23 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:52 PM

I think I am starting to see the light.  So the proper process should be to set my pitch (to the lowest pitch in the project) AND calculate and set the top to fascia before I draw any roofs.  Then if the pitch increases on a new roof section the heel will increase and top of fascia will be constant?  Is there a way to tell Softplan to keep the bearing and automatically adjust top of fascia when you first set up to an new pitch?

Thank you all, very much!

Yes, that's the way I normally do it. Typically the only variables I tend to edit are pitch, heel height and overhang. Everything else is reasonably constant. ALL the parameters are linked. once you edit what you need, Softplan does automatically adjust all the others. The last one entered overrides everything else, so if the last one you enter is TOP TO FASCIA, Softplan will edit the heel height to suit, and vice versa.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users