#1 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

I can't figure out how to get rid of the beams showing in roof mode. The roof is designed using multi roof. The beams I want to not show in roof mode are drawn in the main floor floor mode. They are on their own layer, but that layer doesn't show up when in the second floor roof mode. 

Unchecking beams in visible items doesn't get rid of them either. They are not set to be visible in all modes.

Beams I have drawn in the second floor floor mode do not show even when I check to display beams.

I would also like to draw a bunch of beams to support the roof which I will likely want to show in roof mode. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Sept 30 Screen Shot Beams in Roof Mode.JPG

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:08 PM

Are they UNCHECKED in VISIBLE ITEMS in ROOF MODE on the MAIN FLOOR PLAN?

I have to admit this is going to be difficult to troubleshoot verbally ... If you have Softplan Plus perhaps Technical Support can run it down for you, as they can see the whole project.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:59 AM

xxx.jpg

What I would do is use two different beams i.e. (4x12 LVL Load Bearing) and (4x12 LVL NLB). Those that you want to show up would need to have the "Bearing Box" checked and then for those beams that you do not want to show up in Roof Mode would have that box unchecked. If the beam is not load bearing, it will not show up in Roof Mode. This is just how I work around that issue.

#4 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:12 AM

Unchecking the bearing box fixed the issue. Thanks for your help. They were showing up in spite of not being a visible item in roof mode. Looks like if the beam is bearing the visibility setting is overridden. 

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: floor beams, beams, roof mode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users