• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

The SoftPlan 2018 Pre-Release is available to SoftPlan+ subscribers.  To order the Pre-Release please visit softplan.com/promotion.html and enter in promotion code: PREREL2018

Once you have ordered the Pre-Release you should have access to the “SoftPlan->2018 Pre-Release” user forum area.  There you will find download and installation instructions.  Please post any questions and issues to that user forum.

Thank you very much for participating in SoftPlan’s Pre-Release process.

• Keith Almond likes this

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

Does the PRE-RELEASE download still require a Softplan key, or can you download and test/evaluate without a key?

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

The pre-release requires a key that is subscribed to SoftPlan+. 

#4 Doug Stephenson

Doug Stephenson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationWinchester, Kentucky

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:13 AM

I am not familiar with pre-release. Is this an actual upgrade or just to try out?

#5 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

This from the order page may help explain:

For the past few months, SoftPlan 2018 has undergone testing by select SoftPlan users to help us discover and address any issues that might arise before general release. As we get closer to the release date, we have decided to introduce the program to an even wider test audience. If you're a SoftPlan + subscriber, you may access the pre-release version of SoftPlan 2018 with the following terms and conditions:
All communications regarding your experiences with the pre-release version of SoftPlan 2018 must be contained within a new pre-release user forum. Ordering the SoftPlan 2018 Pre-Release will grant you exclusive access to this forum.
The purpose of the pre-release is to uncover unknown problems within the program and to allow users to participate in refining the product prior to the product's general release.
The pre-release is provided as is. No warranty is made with regards to the pre-release program's suitability for use.
SoftPlan 2018's new features and enhancements have largely been set at the time of pre-release.
Changes in operation will be considered for inclusion in this version or future versions at the discretion of the development team.
SoftPlan reserves the right to revoke the pre-release version of SoftPlan 2018 at any time.
By ordering the SoftPlan 2018 Pre-Release, you agree to the above terms and conditions.

#6 Greg Cherry

Greg Cherry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationShelbyville Indiana

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:45 PM

I recently downloaded 2018 successfully on my desktop and using it without issue thus far. I also need to install it on my laptop. So I attempted to copy the downloaded file to my laptop to save time. It seemed to install properly but then I got a missing file error message. It appears I do not have access to the 2018 user forum from my laptop to post this. My question is how do you get access to a 2nd download copy on another device

#7 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

I recently downloaded 2018 successfully on my desktop and using it without issue thus far. I also need to install it on my laptop. So I attempted to copy the downloaded file to my laptop to save time. It seemed to install properly but then I got a missing file error message. It appears I do not have access to the 2018 user forum from my laptop to post this. My question is how do you get access to a 2nd download copy on another device

You should be able to install the originally downloaded "install program" on as many computers as you would like.

SoftPlan authorizes the program operation by the "key" being installed in the machine's usb port, so if you move the key to the different machines before launching SoftPlan, it should work with no issues.

#8 David Bateman

David Bateman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNew Glasgow, Nova Scotia

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

The SoftPlan 2018 Pre-Release is available to SoftPlan+ subscribers.  To order the Pre-Release please visit softplan.com/promotion.html and enter in promotion code: PREREL2018

Once you have ordered the Pre-Release you should have access to the “SoftPlan->2018 Pre-Release” user forum area.  There you will find download and installation instructions.  Please post any questions and issues to that user forum.

Thank you very much for participating in SoftPlan’s Pre-Release process.

Good day! I am new to this forum... I have not yet been able to find a download link for SoftPlan 2018 even though I have followed through the steps on the link provided here...Am I missing something?

#9 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

Good day! I am new to this forum... I have not yet been able to find a download link for SoftPlan 2018 even though I have followed through the steps on the link provided here...Am I missing something?

As soon as I click on the http://softplan.com/promotion.htmlin blue, it load the page to insert the code. Do you have Softplan+?

#10 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

Have you tried loading the code Yvon?

I get this ...

2017.03.01_09h33m15s_001.png

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#11 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

I get the same thing as you Keith if I try right now but it wasn't a problem Monday. Maybe Softplan can confirm if they stopped acces to the pre release?

#12 David Bateman

David Bateman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

Yes, I am working with SoftPlan+. I recieved an email that stated that I had access to the SoftPlan 2018 forum and that there would be a download link there, and I cannot find any such thing...I'm much interested in this new version...

#13 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

Have you tried to close and re-open the forum?

#14 David Bateman

David Bateman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

Yes, I have.

SoftPlan Technical Support - Danny Ghandial- just submitted to me a direction -"Please go to: www.softplan.com > scroll down to the bottom and select User Forum > Select 2018 Pre-Release > and select the first link - SoftPlan Pre-Release 2018.1.0 Download.

Problem is that I do not find any such thing...

#15 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

You need to have ordered the pre-release to have access to the forum (you can't see the forum otherwise). Maybe when you put the promotion code in, it didn't work properly, and as you can see from the above, it's not working now either.

Keith

#16 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

You can order again.  The promotion code had timed out.

#17 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

Okay, I've been through the order process, and received emails from Softplan, but like Marlin, can't see the relevant forum. I've signed out and signed back in to the forum, and still no change. I suspect that since the registration requires a "MAIN" key number, that the secondary keys don't have access.

Marlin, is yours a main key or a secondary?

John, do the secondary keys automatically get access with a main key, as my forum access/login is done with a secondary key?

Keith

#18 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Keith and Marlin your accounts have been modified to allow access to the pre-release area.  The keys you ordered the prerelease on are the ones that have/will be upgraded.

#19 Todd Williard

Todd Williard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

John,

I also have the same problem as Keith and Martin as I am not using our main key. I had emailed the site admin but haven't gotten a response. Can you help me as well?

Thank you.

V11-V2024

#20 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Todd, Your C key is the one that was authorized for the prerelease.  I have activated your account to be able to access that forum area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users