Here is a quick review configuration features and a description of some additional tools in 2020. It isn't an exhaustive description but more of an overview.
In 2018 Configuration works as follows
System Options are divided into 3 parts.
- System Options: anything in this first part are options that apply directly system wide and take immediate effect when changed
- Project Defaults: anything in this part are options that are used to Initialize NEW PROJECTS.
- Drawing Options: These are the default drawing options stored in new projects. New drawings take their values from the project level drawing options.
Project Options are divided into 2 parts.
- Project Options: Initialized from the level above (System Options->Project Defaults). But changes to Project Options on the Project level apply immediately to the whole project
- Drawing Options: These options are the defaults for NEW DRAWINGS
Drawing Options have one part
- Drawing Options: These options change the drawing directly and take immediate effect when changed.
In 2020 we addressed two needs.
- Have different sets preconfigured drawing options for different types of drawings
- Allow some/all drawings to update their configurations automatically on the Project Level.
To accomplish the first we introduced Named sets of Drawing options that trickle on down from the System Level. You can have one set configured for Floorplans, another for Site Plans and another for detail sheets. You could also have different configuration sets for different clients.
To accomplish the second we added the Use Project Drawing Template dropdown on the Drawing configuration level. You pick the named configuration you wish to use, and whenever an option within that set changes (in the project), all the drawings that reference it will be changed. At any time you can pick Use Custom Drawing Options and it will allow you to modify options on the drawing independent of other drawings in the project.
To run exactly as you did in 2018 just configure your Drawing Level -> Drawing Options to use Custom Drawing Options