#1 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:18 PM

I am in the market for a new computer monitor and was wondering if any of you are using a curved screen and if so how do you like it. Pros & Cons. I have a 30" flat screen at this time and would like to go larger. Should I stick with a flat screen or do the curved monitors work fine for our type of work?

#2 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:23 PM

I love mine.

Primary:

https://www.samsung....ls34e790cns-za/

It is not 4K.  Which is what i would recommend getting.

Here is my secondary monitor

https://www.lg.com/u...uhd-led-monitor

It is beautiful...just not big enough

• Warren Ducote likes this

#3 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:48 PM

This  will probably be my new primary monitor.  I have it saved in amazon.  Watching the price go down till its better. :)

https://www.asus.com.../ProArt-PA32UC/

#4 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

One of my clients sells for Dell to large installations. We talked about monitors and he's really strong for the curved monitors on CAD stations, says it's easier on the eyes because of less focusing change and easier peripheral views.

#5 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:44 PM

I agree completely.   Its funny how viewing a curved monitor is just like reading a book.

#6 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, and curved walls ought to be easier too.

Sorry, it was just too tempting.

#7 Thomas Parker

Thomas Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:23 AM

I'm sure everybody has their own monitor preference, but I have been enjoying two 32" Samsung curved monitors for several months now. Usually I like to have four regular size windows open, with the ability to work on all three floor plans  and view the changes on the 3d render all at once. At first i was concerned that the 'curve' might be a problem or issue, but actually i cant say enough positive about how the improvement as been!!

Hope this might be useful

TOM

Attached Thumbnails

• Dual 32 in. monitors.jpg

• Warren Ducote and Allen McDonnell like this

Tom Parker

TJP Designs and Const. LLC

v10 - v2020

#8 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:52 PM

I've been watching the monitor releases and reading reviews here and there. I think I am more confused now than when I first started looking.

Tom- What are the specs on your monitors? I have one that is on the outs, and might want to do a set up like you have, but also have my laptop in the mix.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#9 Ben Ginther

Ben Ginther

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:06 AM

"....but also have my laptop in the mix." Have the laptop set up too for tables, charts, emails, etc. and use Mouse Without Borders.

#10 Thomas Parker

Thomas Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:34 AM

I've been watching the monitor releases and reading reviews here and there. I think I am more confused now than when I first started looking.

Tom- What are the specs on your monitors? I have one that is on the outs, and might want to do a set up like you have, but also have my laptop in the mix.

Sure Mark, it was a Sam's Club special - see link below

https://www.samsclub...ed/prod21082639

Take care,

TOM

Tom Parker

TJP Designs and Const. LLC

v10 - v2020

#11 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 26 July 2019 - 04:57 PM

Thanks Tom!

Mark Petri

#12 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:56 AM

I currently have 2 Samsung 28" 4k monitors.  The resolution is 3840 x 2160.  Would you all stick with the flat screen with higher resolution or curved with 1920 x 1080??

#13 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:32 AM

I currently have 2 Samsung 28" 4k monitors.  The resolution is 3840 x 2160.  Would you all stick with the flat screen with higher resolution or curved with 1920 x 1080??

Dennis, check out Asus proart series....   https://www.asus.com...ProArt-PA32UCX/

#14 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 08:50 AM

Dennis, check out Asus proart series....   https://www.asus.com...ProArt-PA32UCX/

Looks Great.  I think I need to start charging more for my plans...lol!

• Allen McDonnell likes this

#15 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:13 AM

I just got two 32" curved Samsung monitors for $180 each. I thought it might be a bit overwhelming but it isn't, surprisingly, and I find that I am not leaning forward as much anymore. I personally don't find the higher resolutions of any practical value and certainly not worth the increased costs. 

#16 Brian Berzinskis

Brian Berzinskis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:41 AM

I still have stuck with my older flat monitors because I actually mounted them to the wall so leave more open desk space. I have 2 mounted horizontally where I work mainly and then one on a stand in portrait which is more for when I am looking through the codes or ordinances that are PDF files and look better laid out on a portrait screen. I don't know if I would go for the curved because I have them mounted to the wall. But I have looked at the monitor arms that they make for maybe using at my office which does not have the wall behind the desk. I only have that wall configuration at home office.

#17 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:05 AM

Just an update: I went with the samsung 32" curved monitor and put my 27" 4k monitors on each side of it.  I think I like it better than my 4k monitors!  Those 4k monitors with their tiny print were designed for milleinials lol!

#18 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:20 AM

I just bought an Asus proart (PA32UC)...open box on amazon.

Lately i have been buying "used" or "open box" tech on amazon.  And having good luck. 

I think a lot of tech youtubers buy them and then return them after they do their review.

#19 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:21 AM

Just an update: I went with the samsung 32" curved monitor and put my 27" 4k monitors on each side of it.  I think I like it better than my 4k monitors!  Those 4k monitors with their tiny print were designed for milleinials lol!

Just scale the layout under display option (right click on desktop, then go to display settings)

#20 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:29 AM

Couldn't stand all the talk about monitors. I was getting so jealous. And, blue lines on my older failing 22" monitor prompted action. So, I broke down and just bought the latest Samsung 32" 4k curved monitor (from Costco). It is so huge compared to my older 22" and 24" monitors. So far it is great, but the curve will take a little getting used to.

Mark Petri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users