#21 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:58 AM

Couldn't stand all the talk about monitors. I was getting so jealous. And, blue lines on my older failing 22" monitor prompted action. So, I broke down and just bought the latest Samsung 32" 4k curved monitor (from Costco). It is so huge compared to my older 22" and 24" monitors. So far it is great, but the curve will take a little getting used to.

If you dont like the white stand they have one at amazon with a black stand.

#22 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:10 AM

good to know.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#23 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:51 PM

Couldn't stand all the talk about monitors. I was getting so jealous. And, blue lines on my older failing 22" monitor prompted action. So, I broke down and just bought the latest Samsung 32" 4k curved monitor (from Costco). It is so huge compared to my older 22" and 24" monitors. So far it is great, but the curve will take a little getting used to.

Any noticeable mouse lag with this size screen and 4K?

#24 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:22 PM

You can speed up your mouse movements.
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#25 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:10 AM

I haven't noticed any lag. But, it's a lot of real estate to cover, so it takes me longer to get from one monitor to another. So far I've kept it at the high resolution and enjoy the massive upgrade on space from my 24" monitor, which is now a screen I use for the plan set pages.

• Allen McDonnell likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#26 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:35 AM

I have dual 32" monitors and can go from the furthest edge of one monitor to the far edge of the other monitor by sliding my mouse approximately 2 inches.  You can set this in your Windows setting.  I also changed my cursor to red and enlarged it so I can find it quickly in all that monitor real estate.

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#27 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:38 AM

This monitor has completely blown my mind.  Using it for 2 days now and even the softplan 3D navigation is STUNNING.  

https://www.asus.com.../ProArt-PA32UC/

#28 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 20 February 2023 - 08:45 AM

I need to replace one of my monitors and wondering if those of you that are using curved monitors notice any distortion because of the curve.

Also, are there any updated recommendations as to a good monitor choice? I have been using 2 27" 4k Dell monitors and the one got damaged in transport.

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#29 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2023 - 08:51 AM

If you're only replacing one, then I'd personally go for one that matches the one that's not broken. Assuming you're happy with it and the price is right.

• David Zawadzki likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#30 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 20 February 2023 - 09:37 AM

The one I had is no longer available.

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#31 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 20 February 2023 - 10:18 AM

I need to replace one of my monitors and wondering if those of you that are using curved monitors notice any distortion because of the curve.

Also, are there any updated recommendations as to a good monitor choice? I have been using 2 27" 4k Dell monitors and the one got damaged in transport.

I've been using curved monitors for a few years now and really do appreciate them. There is no distortion at all and the curve just shortens the amount of real estate they take up length wise. I have a couple of 33" Samsung's but if I was to buy them again I would probably go with the Dell's. Just a bit more solid.

#32 Ron Mejeur

Ron Mejeur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKalalmazoo, Mi

Posted 21 February 2023 - 08:11 AM

I added a 32" curved monitor to my desktop last year and love it.  Put my 24" to either side and can move smoothly between monitors.

Ron Mejeur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users