#1 John Coyle

John Coyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCarolina Beach, NC

Posted 21 October 2020 - 03:46 PM

G'day Everyone,

A) Is there a way to change the linetype of the Section/Elevation (i.e.; from a hidden line to a version of a dash-dot)? I know I can change the pen setting but that's line weight, not type.

B) Is there a way to turn off one end of the symbol? (i.e.; where I would want to show a partial section, and the 2nd arrow/circle would crowd the plan in a tight area. I don't want to change the overall size of the symbol globally, as it may be ok everywhere else)

Thanks!

JPC

Something more like this:

Attached Files

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 21 October 2020 - 05:35 PM

I personally do not like how section lines show, so I've made it so they do not show/print on my drawings and use symbols I've created and add them to my Section Line layer (I also created). Once I get them set (for full sections) I copy and paste to all drawings that should show them. If it only pertains to a specific drawing or mode I place them there. Same with interior elevations and drawing labels. That way I have control over what/how they show. It adds an extra step, but is worth it to me.

• John Coyle and Stephan Page like this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:24 AM

I agree I don't like them. They are too big. 

But you should be able to edit them all within the edit dialog box. If it's not in there, then I'm not sure. 

#4 John Coyle

John Coyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:47 AM

Mark - thanks for the response. I had a feeling a workflow like you've suggested would be the case. I was hoping not to have to add more steps to the workflow but.....

Jon - thank you as well. We can change the size of the symbol and the text size/style, but not the linetype or control how many/which arrows are visible. (see attachment)

I did discover a detail symbol under the Miscellaneous library. It's just the circle/arrow and has editable attributes for the drawing and page # etc. I guess Mark's method of adding independent layers, perhaps using this symbol, would be the best approach. I think there is too much possibility for errors with it however. It would be easy to miss a change in drawing or page number.

Attached Files

#5 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:47 AM

It may be deeper in the system settings, like under the dimensions tab in project/system options.

EDIT: The only thing I can find in system settings is adjusting the bubble size...

• John Coyle likes this

#6 John Coyle

John Coyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:54 AM

This is the only thing I could find - under Elevation/Section Labels

Settings for symbol size and text only

Attached Files

• Jon Davis likes this

#7 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:45 AM

That is the only thing you can change John. The presentation and style of the Section and elevation markers has been a complaint of many for, literally, decades. To not have the option to show what we want the way we want is short sighted on softplan's part. I also do things like Mark since I can't stand the only option Softplan allows us.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: annotation, section

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users