8 replies to this topic

#1 Lowell Toews

Lowell Toews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:04 PM

I'm not sure what to call my question. I couldn't find anything in searching.

In the Microsoft suite of products, you can enter a hyperlink to connect files, documents, information between the different individual programs.

There are stamps in the 'Notes' section of Softplan, but they are not customizable as far as I can tell.

I realize that there is the 'Schedule' option with Softplan, but is there a way to enter a note or hyperlink into a plan that while on the computer (not printable, obviously), you could click on it and it would take you to an Excel file that would have a workbook for cabinet specs/checklist, window specs/checklist, flooring specs/checklist, and so on for a custom home design/build firm that is all done by one office, but would be accessible for information and detail checkups by foremen and to whomever it may concern??

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

No - I do not believe you cannot insert a hyperlink into a Softplan drawing.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:30 AM

Actually you can assign a hyperlink to almost anything in SoftPlan. Just edit the item and go to the "Common" tab. type the link in the "Link" box.

Phil

#4 Lowell Toews

Lowell Toews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:31 AM

I have often wondered what that link option was for, but didn't take the time to study it out.

That is exactly what I have been looking for. I was hoping that if I put in a note that I could click on the note and it would take me to the document, but this is going to almost completely save the day.

Thanks Philip, I believe we will utilize this every day from now on.

Are there not many people that use this option? Or at least not for connecting documents in the computer?

Thanks again!

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:32 AM

Apologies ..... Well .... I have never noticed that.

I have no idea how how it works. Is it active in the drawing, or is the only way to activate it by editing the item and clicking launch.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#6 Lowell Toews

Lowell Toews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:55 AM

It is not active in the drawing as far as I worked with it. Edit the item and then below the link box is a 'launch' button.

Thinking back now, I remember I had earlier thought it was likely for linking 2d and 3d stuff, that was only available for certain things, because the launch button was greyed out, but if there is a link then it becomes dark.

It's not quick, but Softplan then becomes the hub of all the actions connected to the plan! Like I suppose it should be!

#7 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

Once you have the link added you can right click on the note->Info->Hyperlink.  Clicking on the hyperlink should launch your browser.

hyperlink.png

• Keith Almond likes this

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Thanks John. Excellent TIP.

Keith

#9 Lowell Toews

Lowell Toews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

Hey, that's a great tip, thanks.

I've been editing things and adding links today already!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users