#1 James Quesenberry

James Quesenberry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSouth West Virginia

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:02 PM

1) The intermediate tutorial had me create a mulled twin window unit but after mulling them there is no option to change the grill patterns. Your only option is to have grills or not. Is there a way to change the grills after mulling a unit? 

2) I am trying to remove the window in question #1 from the double hung window library. The book that was sent to me says to go....

FILE-----SYSTEM OPTIONS----SYSTEM LIBRARIES

For the life of me I don't see system libraries under system options. Either the manual is not correct or I'm a complete idiot (which the wife would tend to agree with). How do I get to the system libraries and pictures would be helpful.

I was in model mode therefore I could not see system libraries. Looks like the wife is still correct.

Thank you,

Jerry

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

Navigate through the libraries until you get to the one you want. Once you highlight the window in question, the Remove button under the library will activate. I'm not at a Softplan machine, so can't post a picture.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

Sorry, window grilles ..... now I remember ....

How did you create the mulled window. There are a couple of different ways?

In a lot of cases, it's best to select your grille pattern before creating the mullions.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#4 James Quesenberry

James Quesenberry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSouth West Virginia

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

I was thinking that editing the single window BEFORE mulling would be the best option but I have not had time to try it out yet.

Thank you,

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

You may also be able to edit it in the actual drawing library too, where you can edit each section independently. However, unless they have changed something, you either have to reinsert the window, or change it to something else, and then back again to refresh it. It won't do it automatically.

Keith

#6 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

Keith,

You can accomplish the same thing by removing the checkmark from the "Product Code" and then rechecking it. I think this forces the program to go back and review the current state of the opening and then updates it.

Attached Thumbnails

• product code.JPG

• Keith Almond likes this

#7 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:52 AM

I think I've done that before too, but it seems so hit and miss to get it to regenerate. It would be nice to have a regenerate button like we have on other menu's.

Keith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users