6 replies to this topic

#1 Delane Barrus

Delane Barrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 04:41 PM

Hello,

New to SoftPlan and pretty new to PC (Mac guy since mid 90's). I'm editing a design that was done in SoftPlan 2018. I have a subscription to SoftPlan 2020+, and am currently drawing out my site plan with a wonderful YouTube tutorial. 

My first issue is the move tool seem constrained to 90°. In the tutorial, the instructor is moving elements freely? I have tried modifier keys to no avail. Seems a really dumb question - but what am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance

#2 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 04:47 PM

F12 is the lock/unlock key. If that doesn't work you have a larger problem.

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:22 PM

You can also click on the cursor lock button on your toolbar (if you have it set up to be there). But, the F12 key or a mouse button programmed to F12 is faster, less cumbersome.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#4 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:01 PM

Delane, Under systems options you can assign any key to the unlock move command, or any command you want to customize to.

#5 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:02 AM

CTRL+A will also cycle through the lock states.

#6 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:25 PM

Hello,

New to SoftPlan and pretty new to PC (Mac guy since mid 90's). I'm editing a design that was done in SoftPlan 2018. I have a subscription to SoftPlan 2020+, and am currently drawing out my site plan with a wonderful YouTube tutorial. 

My first issue is the move tool seem constrained to 90°. In the tutorial, the instructor is moving elements freely? I have tried modifier keys to no avail. Seems a really dumb question - but what am I doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance

Delane, Watch this video, it shows you how to change your Direction North so you don't have to rotate your house plan. I found it very helpful.

https://softplantuts...ection-of-North

Rick

#7 Delane Barrus

Delane Barrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:44 AM

Just getting back to this. I'm not at my home machine to try these - but I will. Thank you so much for the solutions. 

@Richard Rubinski, also for the link. I actually saw modifying North direction as part of the lot/site plan tutorial I was going thru. My back lot line runs perfect and perpendicular to North, but I it was good to know how to do that. Also imported topography from Google maps (which I will need to tweak), but that is a cool feature as we are building on a lot that slopes up to the rear, and down to the East.  This was the tutorial I was following when I encountered the issue...

https://www.youtube....VRP6Lm8&t=2108s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users