#1 Paul Gsell

Paul Gsell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

How to you get the auto horizon to cut around the foundation of the house like you can do with sidewalks, etc.?  It's currently going through the house and can be seen in softview. It's not a huge deal as it can't be seen in any of my renderings but it would be nice if it wouldn't do it. Can you only do it if you put in your own "grade" in the site plan? (which I'm not doing at the moment)

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

I don't believe that you can cut the Auto Horizon with anything. I think that you will have to generate your own grade to make it work.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

It's currently going through the house and can be seen in softview.

Do you have a "floor system" in your model?

If you draw a slab or floor system then the house will show the concrete. If you want wood or carpet to show, then go to "Interior" mode and add some flooring materials.

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

Did you test that Tommy? I wasn't aware that the floor system would cut the Auto-Horizon. Not at a Softplan machine now, so I can't test it myself.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:56 AM

I was making an assumption that his lot was basically flat and that auto horizon would be able to be utilized.

If that is the case, then the auto horizon would typically be below the floor level, but if you don't put a floor, then it would still show up through the windows, doors, etc.

Once you add the floor, it would "hide" the auto horizon, because the floor would be above the auto horizon.

It would not actually "cut" the auto horizon, but in reality, there is still grade under your slab or floor system, so it would still be relatively accurate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users