23 replies to this topic

#21 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 07:04 AM

Yeah I'm betting when their sheetrock contractor tells them how much more he's going to charge to do it, they'll change their minds. 

#22 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, Ks

Posted 16 April 2021 - 07:14 AM

The trim carpentry and painter additional cost will be a shock as well...it will add man hours and a bit more material for the trim carpenty...espically if it is not a typical detail ....better have some smelling sauce handy when she does get the quote....
  • Jon Davis likes this

Harlon G. " Buddy " Suttle
casekc49@gmail.com
CELL: 913-339-6242

#23 David Johnson

David Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:24 AM

Isn't adding rounded drywall corners themselves a little bit of "overkill" on blueprints? A note should be sufficient. I hope they are paying you really well if they expect the 3D models to be that detailed that you show round corners. Most of my interiors don't even show railings. Does anyone else have issues making railings stay where they are put?

Now, having said that, if you're using SOFTLIST it may be useful for someone to be able to select the right drywall corners from the takeoff especially for people who work for lumber yards!

I seem to constantly be moving railings back to the location I want them at. I have not been able to figure out what causes them to jump around but it drives me crazy. 

#24 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:43 AM

I found a work around for that, if you draw the railings, then edit and un-check "clean-up" it usually quits moving them back... They'll stay where you put them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users