7 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 11:36 AM

So I'm a monthly + subscriber. Shouldn't I get updated to 2022 at some point? When will that be and will I need to take any actions?

#2 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 11:43 AM

When it's available it will be up to you to download and install it. I don't know if it's generally available now or not, but I usually wait a few

weeks to upgrade.

#3 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 11:47 AM

The SoftPlan 2022 update will be available to SoftPlan+ subscribers and SoftPlan subscribers at SoftPlan Plus Download - SoftPlan home design software over the next few days.

• James Holley and Jon Davis like this

#4 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:30 PM

So I currently have 2022.2.4 on my computer.  Is 2022.2.5 an patch?  It acts like it's re-installing the program.  Should I click new install or update existing??  Thanks!

#5 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 01:08 PM

If you have  2022.2.4 you should just run 2022.2.4 and go SystemOptions->SystemOptions->Check for Updates.  No need to download and install the full program again.

#6 Dennis Asher

Dennis Asher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWillow Springs, Missouri

Posted 12 April 2021 - 01:32 PM

If you have  2022.2.4 you should just run 2022.2.4 and go SystemOptions->SystemOptions->Check for Updates.  No need to download and install the full program again.

Thanks John

• Greg Ham likes this

#7 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis Metro, Indiana

Posted 13 April 2021 - 04:20 AM

@John, pretty sure it ends up being so similar a process, I just download it (habit), but on 2020 I did try the "update way" and there was something about re-downloading all the symbols, after a few hours, a quick call to tech and that was it.
For some reason (and as usual when there's a problem), it was on my end someplace, SO, I just kept my old habit

@Dennis, when you open 2022 Pre-Release or at least mine did, there was a large banner in the info screen area that announced it's availability. This was how I knew, but you might wait a week, there are still a couple bugs.
That's my opinion and I am right in the thick of one that won't allow me (and several others) to place a file from the project in a Multi draw title page, as when you place it and hit the mouse button, it doesn't stay where you had it and if you put several files in there like mine, Foundation, Main and a couple small details, the details end up off page. After they were all placed I printed, it was whacked, I look at my screen, it looks fine, I hit cleanup and all my files moved within the title page.

Unless you use plan sets, they say it should all be good.

Good luck

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence

#8 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis Metro, Indiana

Posted 13 April 2021 - 04:22 AM

The SoftPlan 2022 update will be available to SoftPlan+ subscribers and SoftPlan subscribers at SoftPlan Plus Download - SoftPlan home design software over the next few days.

Mine, as I mentioned farther down showed me a banner on my opened SP Pre Release screen in the info area, is how I knew it was ready.

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users