• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Audrey Cabrera

Audrey Cabrera

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 01:53 PM

Does anyone know if there are any setting options for the new feature? I hopped into my headset a couple times and I'm at countertop height, my oculus headset is set at 5'3" so I'm not sure what to do about that. Also, does anyone have a way to show the trigger path? I'm over here just transporting to random places 😅

#2 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:49 PM

The oculus feature is designed for you to be standing not sitting and so your height should be based on where you have the ground set and where the headset is relative to that.

The left controller joystick should allow you to walk forwards and backwards.  The right controller trigger will cause you to jump to the floor position at the center of your view. 

Tapping your right controller joystick left and right should turn your view without turning your head.

Which Oculus device are you using?

#3 Audrey Cabrera

Audrey Cabrera

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:54 PM

Thank you! I am standing when I'm using my headset, not sure what headset will allow you to sit and go into VR but I'm using the Oculus Rift.

#4 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:08 AM

Thanks Audrey.  We have seen some Rift's have this odd offset issue before but I haven't really seen it using Quest and Oculus Link.  

If you add a text file named oculusHeightFudge.cfg to the folder where SoftPlan.exe is and put a value in inches in that text file it should offset your view up and down by that value.

For example if you put 6.5 in the file it should offset your view up 6.5 inches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users