8 replies to this topic

#1 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:12 PM

I did my first Animation and created a SVA file. I assume it can be sent to others, so is it opened with standard video programs or what.

I really like what it made and how it works

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 05 May 2021 - 06:52 PM

I may be wrong (again), but I think that SVA is a proprietary file format, and can probably only be opened by Softplan.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:20 PM

Maybe it opens in review, or maybe we/I need to make a video of the video to send?

#4 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:22 PM

Keith is correct. The sva contains only the path of travel information which is proprietary. You need to save a video file in order to view the animation in other applications.

#5 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 09:37 PM

So what or how is the video used once you have made it, or is it for just view while using softplan.

I'm just visiting the use of the sva and walk thrus and all, so don't understand their use yet

#6 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 10:17 PM

Once you save an animation it is a sva file.  As John stated it is the "path of travel information".  You then, while in 3D, Save>Save As>Video.  That will bring up a the Save As Video Window where you name your video, choose from a list of your animations, Image Size, etc...   This will create the wmv file to view outside of SoftPlan or upload to YouTube or your choice of platform.

#7 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:53 AM

Thanks, sounds good now, hope the files are small enough to email around

#8 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:21 AM

Keep one thing in mind...the video format saved is only viewable on a PC or android phone.  Apple users have reported to me every time that they aren't able to view the attachments I sent.  I ALWAYS let softplan upload to youtube now and just send clients the links to the videos I create.  

• John Jones, Jim Johnson and David Zawadzki like this

#9 Chris Proost

Chris Proost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:59 AM

Mac users can watch a SoftPlan video they just need to download the Windows Media Player. I've had to walk a few clients through it. Not sure about being able to pull it up on iPhones though.

Google search...

How do I view a WMV file on a Mac?
Download and install Windows Media Player for Mac. To view the WMV file, just launch the media player, select "File," "Open", choose the WMV file and click "OK" to load the movie. Click the "Play" button on the bottom of the screen and the video file begins to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users