Photo

Is there a tolerance adjustment for the Paint tool?

paint tool hatching poche

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 John Coyle

John Coyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCarolina Beach, NC

Posted 21 May 2021 - 10:24 AM

Hello

When using the Paint tool, sometimes the region is not completely filled (see pic). I find this happens somewhat randomly, even when I know the region is closed. Is there a way to adjust the tolerance or something to reduce this?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_1 - Paint Voids.jpg

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 May 2021 - 11:35 AM

No, but apparently this has been improved in V2022.

• John Coyle likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Thomas Roman

Thomas Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 21 May 2021 - 11:53 AM

for a square area such as that, to create the "shaded" area, an alternative to draw a shape that is set to a solid fill (or even a pattern fill)..

so for example, just draw a SHAPE / BOX.. Set the TEXTURE of the box to solid or a hatch... set the "texture pen" to whatever you wish.. you may have to tell the box to MOVE TO BACK..

• John Coyle likes this

#4 John Coyle

John Coyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCarolina Beach, NC

Posted 21 May 2021 - 03:53 PM

Keith - if it's improved in 2022 I surely can't tell as of yet. I'm currently working on projects in both 20 & 22 versions and I do a lot of painting/hatching.

Thomas - thanks for the workflow - I do that very thing quite often. Just trying to eliminate steps where possible and I end up drawing boxes and polygons way more than I would like. Whenever I do set a polygon/shape texture to solid it never happens no matter how crazy or tight the shape may be. When I save an elevation as linework there is already sooooo many unnecessary extra lines to deal with!

I can appreciate that it has to be a mathematical thing. Perhaps it's when a region is comprised of linework on different layers and SP differentiates them with a separate Z coordinate . I'll keep trying things

#5 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 24 May 2021 - 08:30 AM

One way around this is to move or copy the area (box) you want off to a clear space (remember the distance), paint your area, turn you paint clean up off, then use block move to reposition the distance you originally moved the area.  If you need to change any of the characteristics of the paint, you will need to repeat the sequence. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paint tool, hatching, poche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users