• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Maya Juhl

Maya Juhl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

Hi, I am new to using Softplan, working on my first project and I am trying to figure out how to add or edit to have a stone finish at the lower half of 16" x16" stucco columns, which I drew as walls. Do I create a new wall type and draw new walls at +48" then add a band? and then do you edit the surface?

Thanks

#2 randolph cohn

randolph cohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Locationmarin county - california

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

you can create "ONE WALL" with 2 different materials and thicknesses

and than draw on a banding (any profile you'd like - you design the profile

or use one of the stock profiles that come with softplan)

or

you can make the banding part of the wall but it would have to be a

fairly simple design if you make it part of the wall.

if you draw the banding on after you draw in the column,

the skies the limit on the profile of the banding (curves, straight lines, etc)

note: you can also create a round column with same wall and a banding wrapping around

the round column.

showing with banding on right 2 columns and a cap that's part of the wall on the left 2 columns (walls)

with "beams" you can put a profile at the ends (one end or both ends) you create custom profile bm ends.

softplan also comes with a couple of stock profile ends.

you can also "CURVE" (vertical) the beam and give the curve a height.  you can put beam ends on the curved beams.

the wood you see at top of column is done with a "solid / cube" offset as needed.

you can make the column/wall as simple or as decorative / detailed as you want.

since your new,  you wouldn't have v2016 by any chance.jpg colum stone bot stucco top banding cap.JPG

randy

v10 to future 2016+ ;)

#3 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:19 AM

Hello Maya,

I have used the banding on the columns, as mentioned, and also went into the system and built a wall

I call " Manufactured  Stone". The wall component is just 2 1/2"  Manufactured stone.  To create choose 

new material and edit the Adobe Brick to be Man Made Stone, set depth to 2 1/2", height to 96",

horizontal and vertical start to 0.00". Neither the fixed or bearing boxes should be checked. Save.

This wall can be added to the exterior , in front of fireplaces etc., edited and openings placed in it

for fireplaces etc.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users