Photo

Softlist formula for takeoff's (anyone for hire to program?)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Malaske

Dan Malaske

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:49 AM

We are not new to softplan but are new to using softlist. We are wanting to use softlist to help us get more accurate lumber takeoffs. We have been researching the program and are finding it is very intuitive with all the programs and features. So we understand it would take lots of time, we are curious if there are any experts on here or if anyone knows of anyone that we would be able to hire to create the formulas and get softlist to our specifications for how we want out takeoffs. 

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 01 August 2021 - 07:15 AM

I don’t know if there are any softlist “experts” available because it’s one of those “set it and forget it” type of thing.

Here’s a good video to get you started:

https://youtu.be/rInNrWfCVq0

Good luck…
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Harlon Suttle

Harlon Suttle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, Ks

Posted 07 August 2021 - 02:49 PM

Keep in mind that the reports can be exported into MS Excel and modified there and if ya really want to go off the deep end, export the materials into programs like Timberline and there you can do the real estimating and develop a more accurate and complete estimate along with all kinds of very special "tricks" even Excel has trouble with....as a Timberline user since 1988, I have a few bags of "tricks" you could say that has keep me in the black more times than I can remember....and with over $2 billion of estimates, I can tell ya, when ya need a tool, NONE are better than Timberline....by a long shot....

Harlon G. " Buddy " Suttle
casekc49@gmail.com
CELL: 913-339-6242

#4 Fred Dickson

Fred Dickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 12:18 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users