• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grant Krull

Grant Krull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:13 PM

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all the great information in the forum. I started using SoftPlan in August. I use SoftPlan to draw the customers existing home and then draw my interpretation of what I understand from the homeowner and the owner (1 of 2) of the company. Once the drawing is approved by the both I estimate the project using an excel spredsheet  with Active X controls that  was created years ago by the 2nd owner. The spreadsheet has grown over the years and has gotten glitchy while being very poorly maintained and added to improperly by my predecessor. Meanwhile, we have SoftList and ReView - neither of which have been used here - EVER. In fact prior to me starting the SP plans rarely were even opened in 3D, had no roofs, floor systems - they were basic 2D drawings that were then printed out and the numbers (counts, sq footages, Etc) calculated by hand before entering them in Excel. I'm convinced SoftList is the way to go, one of the owners is old school and can only be swayed by absolutely solid presentations..... from the second owner, who is very interested to learn more and he made a very reasonable request of me - find an example of an estimate created in this manner. His fist request was to find someone to convert our system to SP/SL. I told him I was sitting right there and I was going to do it whether or not they wanted me to or even used it. 

So could someone please share a finished estimate that was created in SP/SL? It would great to get ASAP as I have a meeting with him again tomorrow before we meet with the programmer (that did our current system)  to have him fix some of the difficulties we are having.

Attached are a couple of my drawings - I feel pretty good about my SP skills for being mostly self-taught in less than 3 months.

Thank you

Grant

forgot to upload the drawings!

Attached Thumbnails

• Parker Lake Rd.jpg
  • Juniper Ridge - 1.jpg

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 29 October 2021 - 07:57 AM

Scroll down at the bottom of the navigation window and you should see a bunch of sample soft list take offs to get you started.
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Estimate, SoftList, remodel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users