5 replies to this topic

#1 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 10:10 PM

Another fun day of framing and looking for potential trouble spots viewing the bones of the house before the plans head out the door.

Attached Files

• Gary McKeon, Brent Hyndman, John Coyle and 1 other like this

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 08 February 2022 - 09:50 AM

Why not make the whole garage roof out of trusses?  Then, you could also add a bonus room option over the garage for storage?

• Joseph Smith likes this
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 10:19 AM

David, Lots of option , only X Budget and the owners did not want it.

#4 ed sloot

ed sloot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGuelph Ontario

Posted 09 February 2022 - 06:23 PM

pretty simple roof once its sheeted eh, back in the day we didnt need software to frame houses but today the software dictates what we buil it seems. looks good Steve. where are these thumbnails you attached?

#5 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 08:39 PM

Yes Ed a very simple roof, I vote for going back in the day framing, building deigning etc. Amazing how much information some 

seem to require to build a house now compared to 53 years ago when first starting in this game. The wording Thumbnails Attached

is automatically added when posting, all I attached was the framing jpg.

#6 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 February 2022 - 10:20 PM

Why not make the whole garage roof out of trusses?  Then, you could also add a bonus room option over the garage for storage.

David the garage in real life is all trusses, the shed part shows rafters in the rendering given SP, or the operator, when adding the 

mono trusses with extended top chords that hung off the girder truss appeared upside down when rendered. Only needed to show the

truss for generating the 2D Roof Plan, rafters worked fine for that. Total load for this roof is 140# so some well engineered and built trusses 

should suffice. PS This will be built in Montana a little North of Island Park, Idaho, should give you a good feel for how much snow we are talking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users