• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sharon McNabb

Sharon McNabb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 10:44 AM

I need a guard rail around a stair opening..........I can't get the rail to stay flat, only being able to edit the posts now not the rail itself.

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 20 February 2022 - 03:21 PM

Can you post a picture of what the problem is?

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 09:17 AM

You edit the rail by clicking on the middle "rail" (not on a post or mid post) portion.  You edit the post by clicking on the posts themselves. 

This was separated because otherwise in the past you had to somewhat guess as to which post you were editing.

When editing a Railing, on the rail edge tab there is a "Is Guard Rail" checkbox. 

That should force the rail to be horizontal an helps distinguish between a rail that should follow the stair and a guard rail sitting on the floor above a stair.

• Brent Hyndman, John Jones and David Zawadzki like this

#4 Sharon McNabb

Sharon McNabb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 09:25 AM

Thanks John - the guard rail checkbox is a great tool. I was always drawing the rail on one plan and the guard on the other.

#5 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 11:30 AM

I always draw those away from the stairs, edit and uncheck cleanup...then move them where I want them

#6 John Pepper

John Pepper

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 01:09 PM

You can now draw guard rails directly as well using Draw->Stair->Guard Railing.    This should let you draw them in the proper position the first time without moving them or taking them out of cleanup.

• Sam Morgan, Brent Hyndman and John Jones like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users