5 replies to this topic

#1 Daria Bunting

Daria Bunting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 11:44 AM

Hello,

Can you please help with the steps for the changing the title block, to my own logo? I have tried to figure out with no success. Or direct me where I can access the steps. 

I appreciate the help.  :)

Thanks,

Daria

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 March 2022 - 11:57 AM

Daria,

Start from scratch or modify an existing drawing  - Whatever works for you - Personally, I'd start from scratch.

Take a paper size you like and draw exactly what you want your title block to be at 1:1. You can add anything you would normally draw in Softplan - Lines, arcs, symbols, pictures etc. All the fonts can be whatever you want ... Bold, Italic and sized accordingly. ANYTHING you can draw can be shown in the title block.

Use STAMPS for all the variable items, and then save it in the Softplan\Title Block directory.

This is how mine looks:

Attached File  2019.11.05_08h48m38s_001.png   190.39KB   4 downloads

Where exactly are you having difficulties? Maybe I can answer specific problems more accurately.

• Brent Hyndman and Stephan Page like this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 11 March 2022 - 01:05 PM

To edit existing title block to import your own logo:

Open an existing drawing…

goto your SoftPlan title block folder…

open your title block of choice…

edit drawing to your heart’s content…

save drawing to title block folder.

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#4 Daria Bunting

Daria Bunting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for your comments. I am still not getting this. I guess I will call in for some help. 

I am really new to Softplan, I have some drawings completed to send off but I am not sure how to change the Softplan logo to my logo. 

#5 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 01:51 PM

See the video at the following link for information on customizing a title block. At about the 1:30 point in the video a new logo is inserted. The video is from SoftPlan version 2020 but relevant to version 2022 as well.

https://youtu.be/b-mEtdtJCUw

• John Jones likes this

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 March 2022 - 07:59 PM

You have to OPEN the TITLE BLOCK drawing, by opening the actual Softplan\Title Block > drawing.spd in a drawing window. You then do the required edits, then save it back into the TITLE BLOCK sub-directory with a new name.

• Stephan Page likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users