#1 James Quesenberry

James Quesenberry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSouth West Virginia

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:14 AM

Is there a way to change the work space background color to black?

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:42 AM

Of course ...

SYSTEM OPTIONS > ASSIGN COLORS (Under Drawing Defaults), and click on the BACKGROUND COLOR box. You can change it to any colour that you wish. Even click the EDIT BOX and specify RGB (or HSL) colour if you wish.

You may also want to edit some other colours too, as some colours may be almost invisible on a black background

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

Unless it has changed, some items will remain the old color on existing plans. When I made the switch years ago from black to white background, some items (shapes I think) would remain yellow which was great on a black background but not so good on white. I had to edit plan by plan for existing drawings.

#4 James Quesenberry

James Quesenberry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSouth West Virginia

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

Thank you for the help. My long time 2d cad system is black which I find much easier to deal with in long, long work sessions.

#5 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

If you plan on publishing projects to the review app for your clients, it only displays a white background and but uses all other screen colors of your drawing.  I switched from black to an off white for this reason.

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:10 AM

So did I, I've used a black background for over 20 years, but with plan sets and review, it was almost impossible to keep it black. There are a number of drawbacks. If you have any walls defined with a white line for your black background, they are invisible in review.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users