#1 Kris Marteinsson

Kris Marteinsson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSalmon Arm, BC

Posted 28 April 2022 - 12:49 PM

I have some beams which seem to have a mind of their own. 

1) Place a beam which rests on two posts.

2) Place another beam which is perpendicular to the first beam but rests on top of the first beam.

3) CLEANUP IS TURNED OFF. End projection is set to 0"

Seems to me that I should be able to adjust the beam length and not have any auto adjustment take place. This does not happen. Sometimes the beam length will adjust to the side of the post, sometimes to the other side of the post, or the middle of the post. In one case, the second beam adjusted to be level with the first beam. If cleanup is turned off, why am I getting all these automatic actions. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

#2 Kris Marteinsson

Kris Marteinsson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSalmon Arm, BC

Posted 28 April 2022 - 02:13 PM

Found it - Join Tolerance. I had forgotten about that. I guess turning cleanup off doesn't turn everything off. This seems to be a recurring theme in Softplan. You do what seems obvious but there is another setting lurking somewhere to  stymie you. I have to keep better notes about these things.

• Sean Tobin likes this

#3 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 28 April 2022 - 04:20 PM

Found it - Join Tolerance. I had forgotten about that. I guess turning cleanup off doesn't turn everything off. This seems to be a recurring theme in Softplan. You do what seems obvious but there is another setting lurking somewhere to  stymie you. I have to keep better notes about these things.

Unfortunately this is all too true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users