10 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 08:44 AM

I have a plan view symbol library "LUMBER" I use for a lot of things.  To locate bearing points thru floors I use a post from the structural library, but would like to be able to activate a symbol such as a post or toilet etc,  that would show up when another level is over layed.

Too much?

Thanks,

Mike

#2 Wendall Hilty

Wendall Hilty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 July 2022 - 04:35 AM

Are you saying that upon overlaying a drawing, you would like select items to become visible in your original drawing?

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 July 2022 - 11:19 AM

If you add a CONSTRUCTION POINT to the symbols, the construction point shows up on the overlay.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Jason Bishop

Jason Bishop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 July 2022 - 11:59 AM

If you add a CONSTRUCTION POINT to the symbols, the construction point shows up on the overlay.

I never knew this! Is there a way to have JUST the symbols show on the overlay without all the exterior walls lines, etc?

#5 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 July 2022 - 12:07 PM

My thought started with a bearing point that I want to see on all floors.  I guess that everyone does what I do and that is to create a post, and have to un-hook it from everything it gets close to, remove the footing etc.

It could work for any symbol, if its possible at all.

Keith, Jason...  If I put a construction point on the first floor and overly the second floor on top, I don't see any construction point.  Must be another step.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2022-07-14 135444.jpg

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 14 July 2022 - 06:16 PM

It has to be in the symbol. For example if you put one one a toilet, you can locate plumbing drops easily.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#7 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 04:00 AM

Keith-The attachment was an example of what I was trying to do before your post.  After your post I tried multiple times with the CONSTRUCTION POINT, both in my symbol and a stock symbol.  I know the CONSTRUCTION POINT works when  when switching to floors and roofs, but it doesn't work for me going from -MAIN FLOOR  to SECOND FLOOR. 

#8 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 15 July 2022 - 10:16 AM

Mike, I show bearing points on my plans as well. I put them on a 'framing' layer so that I can isolate them a little easier. Then, when I need for them to show on the floor above or below I simply copy to clipboard and paste/ hold on the other floors. Very quick and easy.

#9 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 10:53 AM

Thanks Gary...I wondered if a layer would work. I don't use them, but will try it.   Or keep using a post.

I did talk w/ TS about it.

#10 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 15 July 2022 - 06:19 PM

You know, maybe I was wrong ... maybe it only works on floor mode ... possibly a senior moment ...

Keith

#11 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 03:28 AM

and roof mode, I know and probably ceiling mode.

I am going to try a layer of symbols as Gary mentioned, that I that I can turn on from floor to floor.  Maybe the chatter here will get the SP developers thinking about it making SYMBOLS active from floor to floor.

Thanks

• Jim Johnson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users