#1 Stella Hemmings

Stella Hemmings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2022 - 01:20 AM

Hello,

Can someone possibly tell me how instead of scale being represented in numbers, e.g. 1:50 I can also show a scale bar on my Plan sets drawings?

Also, how do I replace the Softplan Logo with our business logo in the plan sets title box?

I have spent hours trawling the forum and help directory but can't find the answer. Really appreciate the help if anyone can.

Thanks very much.

Stella

#2 ROBERT BROGAN

ROBERT BROGAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 04:59 AM

create a new "project"  I called mine "title block changes"

this lands you in a new drawing.....

go to your root of your drive where softplan is installed, see attachment.

go to the title block folder.

choose the "plan size you want to mod"

edit to your liking.

remember to save as "whatever the new file name is" as you will overwrite the existing file!

Attached Files

#3 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 22 August 2022 - 06:50 AM

https://youtu.be/b-mEtdtJCUw
  • Stephan Page likes this
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#4 Stella Hemmings

Stella Hemmings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2022 - 07:51 AM

Thanks Robert and David. That definitely solves the Logo issue. Not sure if that solves the scale bar though? I need to submit a plan that shows the scale in words as 1:50 but also gives the representative scale bar like the image attached?

Thanks.

Stella

#5 Stella Hemmings

Stella Hemmings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2022 - 07:54 AM

Sorry - image didn't attach. Maybe this time ...

Attached File  autocad-drawing-scale-bar-1-50-symbols-signs-signals-dwg-dxf-311.png   3.67KB   4 downloads

#6 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 22 August 2022 - 10:01 AM

Have you tried opening a new drawing, paste and scale your bar image, then add to your plan set at the proper scale?
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#7 Stella Hemmings

Stella Hemmings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2022 - 10:19 AM

Hi David,

That was an image that I grabbed off the internet for reference. It has a border around it. I did wonder if I could import an image but don't know how it could then show the correct scale because I couldn't measure it accurately?

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 22 August 2022 - 11:14 AM

Stella,

The title blocks edit just like ANY other drawing ... If you open the .SPP file in the C:\Softplan\Title Blocks directory, you can edit the whole lot as a project.

I would suggest that you use STAMPS to add the relevant information. See also this topic ... https://softplan.com...505-cover-page/

Attached File  2018.12.07_13h05m51s_001.png   84.01KB   0 downloads

You can MAKE a simple scale bar within Softplan easily, and save it as a symbol.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#9 Stella Hemmings

Stella Hemmings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2022 - 12:45 PM

Thanks Keith, I shall try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users