• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Brennon Benscoter

Brennon Benscoter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

I am in the middle of switching to 2016 and I don't know if it is affecting my current plans while it downloads or not, but either way, I opened up a plan and all text is gone. All my dimension lines show, and if I click on it, it says the length, but it doesn't stay. Also all my room labels and such have disappeared. I don't know if I have a setting turned off by accident or what. Any sort of advice is appreciated. Thanks

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:14 AM

Check in your Drawing Options>Mode Visibilities>Notes if the boxes are checked for Details & Overview Notes

#3 Brennon Benscoter

Brennon Benscoter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:19 AM

It looks like they were unchecked, so I fixed that but still no text is showing. I have refreshed and tried adding new text, no luck.

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

Just to see if they actually exist, Go to OPTIONS > VISIBLE ITEMS and check the "Display everything" checkbox at the bottom.

2015.09.21_12h26m22s_001.png

If it hasn't been accidentally deleted, that should make it show. Then all you have to do is find out what needs to be turned on to make it visible.

If you draw in layers, make sure all the relevant layers are turned on.

One other thing you could check is the display colours ... OPTIONS > ASSIGN COLOURS, and check that you don't have white text on a white background. Just change your background to black temporarily to check. From what you say, it appears that the text is actually there, just not visible.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:31 AM

To make sure, are you in drawing mode? Also, are you in Default for the Building Options and Layer?

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:38 AM

I'm curious as to why the dimension lines show, but not the dimensions ... they should be tied together in any mode - and any visibility.

If nothing works, exit Softplan and re-start, and if that doesn't work, I'd try rebooting the computer fully.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#7 Brennon Benscoter

Brennon Benscoter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

I have everything displayed, and still nothing shows.  I will try restarting and hopefully that works.

#8 Vince Caron

Vince Caron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

Rachel,

I had the same problem when I updated

I sent in a service ticket (14+) and this is what I got back;

go to  http://softplan.com/?page_id=2819

Please go to the following link, (which they left out and I had to do another service ticket - see above) and select "Download SoftPlan Font Installer". Once it has been installed, please restart your computer and start SoftPlan. If the issue continues, please go to File>Drawing Options>Drawing Options>Character Setup and select Reset to System in the affected drawings.

If that fails, try a service ticket. they're pretty quick about getting back

Vince

#9 Brennon Benscoter

Brennon Benscoter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:53 AM

Okay, thanks Vince. I will see if that works. 

#10 Brennon Benscoter

Brennon Benscoter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:19 PM

Looks like it came back once I restarted the program. Thanks to everyone for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users