#1 Jay Horst

Jay Horst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPA, United States

Posted 09 November 2022 - 01:25 PM

Good Afternoon,

Here's my problem:  The windows render as a non-transparent black in Lumion.

This is what Lumion says about the problem: "It looks like the windows are inverted surfaces or incorrect Normals resulting in the rendering of light being incorrect." I created the windows in Softplan. In Softplan, is there any way to correct the Normals or change the surfaces so that they are not inverted? In Softplan, is there any way to make sure that surfaces are correct when a window (or other surface for that matter) is created?

The Lumion customer support imported the Softplan .fbx file into Blender and corrected the Normals.  They then imported the Blender file back into Lumion and created a render in which the glass was correct.  See third picture below.

Attached File  SU V3 22-11-09 Int 1.2.jpg   58.32KB   1 downloads

Attached File  SU V3 22-11-09 Int 1.1.jpg   79.63KB   1 downloads

Attached File  Lumion Render of Blender File.jpg   101.7KB   1 downloads

Thanks,

Randy

#2 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 06:11 PM

Edit the window in lumion and I think its "true glass" or "real glass" or something like that you need to change it to

#3 Rob Vanderwoerd

Rob Vanderwoerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFergus, Ontario

Posted 09 November 2022 - 07:43 PM

I had a similar problem in Lumion but only with 'Advanced Glass'.

We solved it in Softplan by changing the default material for all glass to have a horizontal and vertical number (I just picked 24" for both) instead of 0.

Everything in our material file that is glass is set to auto-inherit the material so it fixes most glass instances in our model.

I'm not sure why but that seamed to fix it!

• Allen McDonnell likes this

#4 Tim Stockton

Tim Stockton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS

Posted 14 November 2022 - 08:35 PM

What release of Lumion are you using?  I haven't had any issues like this.  The windows from SoftPlan come across nicely.  Also, what method are you bringing them over to Lumion?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lumion, Render, glass, Transparency, Normals, Inverted, surfaces

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users