• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Ball

Jason Ball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 04:34 PM

Hoping someone can help. I am trying to create a cross section design of the roof layers and details similar to the one I have added to this post. I feel like I would need to change the material the roof is made up of similar to how you can create your own walls. 

Attached Files

#2 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 05:33 AM

GO TO DETAILS IN SYMBLES AND FIND SOMETHING CLOSE AND ADD TO THE DRAWING EXPLODE IT AND ADD WHAT EVER YOU WOULD LIKE AND MAKE A NEW SYMBLE 

#3 Jason Ball

Jason Ball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for that info I didn't think about trying to Explode the Drawing. So is there no way to adjust the material that makes up the roof surface?

#4 Wendall Hilty

Wendall Hilty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 12:49 PM

The roof surface looks very similar to the siding profile. You could add it manually to the roof through DRAW> DETAIL> SECTION DETAIL> SIDING. You will have to draw it vertically and then rotate it to the angle you need. Edit the section to change the direction it's facing from right to left if neccessary. While you're in the edit menu, you will probably want to adjust the pattern height too.

#5 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 02:52 PM

You can also use Options/ Align cursor and draw the siding/shingle profile that way. A lot of people use the lap siding profile to represent shingles.

• Wendall Hilty likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roof, cross section, custom design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users