#1 James Quesenberry

James Quesenberry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSouth West Virginia

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:15 PM

Is there a way to gain access to the door knobs that SoftPlan uses for the in-program doors so that I might add them to door that I might input just a symbol in an arched blank opening?

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:47 PM

Again, I'm not at a Softplan computer till morning. I'll do a little investigating then. Can you just clarify what you want? Do you want to add to the library, Pull something out of the library or what? Sounds like you want to get a matching knob out of the library.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 James Quesenberry

James Quesenberry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSouth West Virginia

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:05 PM

I do. I want access to that door hardware just like anything else in the program that I can grab as a symbol.

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:24 AM

There are no corresponding 2D's for the door handles, although they are easy enough to make using the symbol wizard once you have the 3D's. The 3D models can be found here ... C:\SoftPlan\3D\3D Symbols\Door Hardware ... They are DWG format drawings.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

#5 PAUL LADNER

PAUL LADNER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

I haven't tried this yet, but... Can one configure a door handle using solids, make it into a 3D symbol using the symbol wizard;  ... and THEN move it into the 3D\3D Symbols\Door Hardware directory so that it will automatically place itself like the stock door handles?

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

It's not even that complicated Paul, If you make the handle out of solids, in the 3D model window you can - I'm not at a Softplan computer, and can't remember which - either SAVE AS or EXPORT as a DWG file and save it into the relevant - see above - folder.

Keith

#7 PAUL LADNER

PAUL LADNER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

Keith,

not so simple.  I did just as you suggested (made a simple 6" pull just to test the method) and had problems with the handle orienting properly.  It oriented fine on the long axis but was displayed flat.

Playing with this also brought up the other issue of knob/pull placement on the cab doors.  is there any way to move the handle higher or lower on a cabinet door?

Attached Thumbnails

• Cab Handle Test.jpg

#8 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

Not sure about the orientation. Import one of the standard handles into Softplan, and check it's orientation, draw the new one the same ... yes, I know It's not as easy as it sounds. I don't believe that you can adjust the placement.

Keith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users