#1 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:53 PM

I found a really neat program for voice control of the mouse and keyboard.I have tried SoftPlan's SoftTalk a couple times and alwayas gave up because it didn't seem to perform very well. This program is called VoiceBot and is designed for voice controlled gaming. It comes loaded with a lot of profiles for specific games, but it is very easy to create your own profiles. I set up a profile for SoftPlan and have been very impressed with how well it works! What you do is set up macros for each command. These are very easily done. 

To set up a macro you 1.give the command a name, 2. enter the command (you do not need to speak the command to set it up, just type it, 3. enter the key strokes or mouse clicks.

I am impressed with how well it recognizes speaking and how quickly it responds. You can set up any keyboard shortcut that you make in SoftPlan. To date I have set up 120 shortcuts and commands. I have not figured out a way to set up a macro that will allow me to open a menu and then use my mouse to pick a specific item from the menu.

I have been trying to use a lot of keyboard and menu shortcuts in my drawing, but I think that I will be able to speed up my drawing quite a bit. Single key shortcuts are fast, but there are only so many keys.

The cost is another amazing thing- $9.00 US. The company that sells this program also sells a program called display fusion for controlling multiple monitors. When I bought that program I was able to buy VoiceBot for even less.

Here is the link if anyone else is interested  https://www.voicebot.net/

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

Looks interesting. Since we are in an open plan office, it may not work too well, but I may give the free version a try at home. Thanks for the heads up.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:48 AM

I am wondering if any one else tried this program. I was enthused about it, but found that it seemed to conflict with SoftPlan. It would work really well for awhile and then it seemed like SoftPlan would freeze up.

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users