#1 Bruce Schlittler

Bruce Schlittler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 18 February 2023 - 03:46 PM

Attached File  Screenshot 2023-02-18 162548.png   10.95KB   1 downloadsHello,

I am new to SoftPlan and need some help with a vaulted ceiling I cannot figure out how to make look correct.  I am wanting to make a single ceiling ridge as shown in the attachment by the red line.  I am almost positive I have to do something wilth the highlighted node, but cannot figure out what.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce Schlittler

#2 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 18 February 2023 - 05:29 PM

You will need to raise the height of this wall. I can't tell you how much because I don't know the existing dimensions and ceiling pitches.

Attached Files

• Attached File  WALL.png   19.23KB   2 downloads

#3 Bruce Schlittler

Bruce Schlittler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 19 February 2023 - 01:27 PM

Thanks Bill,

Can you change the starting height of the plane without changing the wall height?

Bruce Schlittler

#4 Bill Wimberley

Bill Wimberley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationSan Angelo, TX

Posted 19 February 2023 - 02:09 PM

No. In SoftPlan you build everything the same as you would in real life. In real life the wall would have to be taller in order to create that ceiling so the same applies in SoftPlan. If you were to create the ceiling with a shorter wall there would be a big gap between the top the wall and the start of the ceiling.

One alternate method for creating the ceiling would be to just have 4 control points. Top, bottom, left, and far right. And cut out a hole where the additional two walls are. But then again you would still have the gap between the wall and the ceiling.

Attached Files

• Chris Proost likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users